• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What the #%$! Have you guys turned me into!!!!

Dadeo719

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Soooooo..... I've only been on here for a little while. But so far I have acquired three 55 gallon barrels for UDSs. Spending way to much time on craigslist trying to find every weber grill part I can get my hand on like some troll hording things under the bridge. So now low and behold I have found another "SCORE" What I need from you guys is this. Is this a keeper or do I need to move on. This grill is from my old workplace and has not been used in years. It has two wheels that are flat and would need to be modified with a fire box. It's all rusty and the doors don't seal real good. The trailer seems to be structurally sound. My question is, am I just looking at this with "BBQ" eyes or is this a worth while endeavor? What would it take to get it her sea worthy in your eyes and how much would that cost roughly. We are looking to try and get this for around $200 or $300 if that helps. Sorry bought poor pictures. It's stuck in a little shed.

Last edited:
that thing is huge. how thick is the metal? Is it rusted through in any spots? I hate doors on both sides...I would weld one side shut.

I can't tell if the cooking grates are rusty but I am guessing they are. The cost depends on if you are a welder or if you have to pay someone to do it. Figure minimum $50/hr probably for the welder to make you new cooking grates. Along with materials, I would guess that is an easy $500 just for that but probably more....

Not rusted through anywhere that I saw. We were thinking of closing one side too. Seem to me like it was an old Gas tank probably.

Wow what an awesome project! Remember how to eat an elephant....one bite at a time.

Our friend is a welder and will do it for free. Well he will tell us what to do and laugh when we mess up. so that will save us. Is there no way to clean up the grates or just need to make new ones.

Its TOO Big - you gonna be cooking for big crowds? I'd pass unlees you need a biggun.

Its hard to tell from the pics but it probally don't hold heat all too Well _ I think it'd be Hard Work cooking on that thing.:hand:

I would only get that if you plan on cooking large amounts of food. The amount of fuel to heat that thing alone makes it not cost effective. Now thats the sensible side of me with a wife. The other side says buy it, sand it, seal it, and cook!

It's a darn good starter, if your cookin hole hog. A little TLC and some re-engineering,
that looks like it'll do the job, you'll be in business.

is it t least 1/4 inch thick steel? that thing will need to be thick to hold the heat in. that's a 2 hog cooker and maybe a goat or lamb too

Hmmm Smitty, that is looks good to. You think that could be put horizontal and trailered?

I'd get it sand blasted first to get rid of the rust.

but its big and cool and stuff........:sad:

That it is......you said you have a friend who welds, bonus there.
But to make that an offset it looks to me like there is a bit of trailer mods to be done. The tricky thing is when the mods are done will it pull right.
The length might be an issue also as the fire box will need to be quite big and will the trailer be balanced.

But if ya gotta have it, like Fwismoker said, one bite at a time and you'll get that elephant eaten.

Back