If Yo Brisket is Dry.......

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Pork Butts and Picnics are relatively Easy .....Briskets are NOT! I'm Still trying to Master Brisket but I'm getting better. :grin:

99% of the time if a Brisket Flat is Dry it's Undercooked. If you cook/smoke a Brisket, Rest It and Find the Point Good but the Flat/ Slices Dry and it did not crumble on you then continue slicing - put slices is oven pan - add beef broth and put it in the oven at 250-275 * for 1-2 hrs and enjoy the point while the flat/ slices finish. You can do the same with whole flat instead of slices but it make take 2-3-4 hrs. You can do it the next day if need be.

I've done it with Brisket and Round Roasts that were tough or Dry-- the round Roast I sliced and added Beef Broth and 1/2 Jar of Spicy Brown Mustard and ran it for 2 hrs at 250* and it was Tender and Delicious! :wink:

Dry Brisket can also be chopped for Chili Meat or similar too.

If "yo" brisket is dry, then "yo" ain't done cooking it yet more than likely. Biggest mistake most people make when cooking a brisket.

"Yo" forgive me for my puny attempt at humor and in reaction to OP's post.

Blessings,
Omar

I've had some briskets that I've had to repurpose but this sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the tip : )

I was over aging mine this year (60 days) and they tended to be dry, what time are you aging? I find go 30 then freeze..

Back