Brisket Chronicles - Steven Raichlen

Montana Jack

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
When his book first came out, there was thread, can't find it in by searching. Those who bought it - is it worth it - helpful? Thanks. Have Franklin and others so wondering if anything new.

I don't have that one, but I have 3 of Raichlen's books. They are all good. I bought mine, on Amazon deals of the day for cheap, but there are some good recipes in there. Check out his website barbecuebible.com, and you can get most of his recipes for free.

Raichlen is my favorite resource for grilling recipes, most of them from exotic locales. That’s where he excels IMO. Never tried his smoking recipes although I’m sure he did his homework (Project Smoke is another one to look into).

Raichlen is my favorite resource for grilling recipes, most of them from exotic locales. That’s where he excels IMO. Never tried his smoking recipes although I’m sure he did his homework (Project Smoke is another one to look into).

He still soaks his wood chips.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If I had Franklin's book, I don't believe I'd go looking for new info on how to cook a brisket. Unless you just got a nice pair of book ends and you needed filler material.

Good luck on your brisket journey.

(he really soaks wood chips?)

I have five Raichlen books, but when I think of brisket, I don't think of Raichlen. I think Central Texas.

I like watching a lot of Steven Raichlen's shows but he lost me with his latest incarnation. When he started doing "wine pairings" with his BBQ, too far out there for me.

Plus he soaks his chips:-D

It would be like Franklin writing on a book on grilling steak. Oh, wait...:grin:

Back