• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

For anyone wanting a domed UDS lid.........

not a bad idea. But just wondering, is it deep enough to really give that much extra height except in the middle?

I have a big stainless steel bowl at the house, probably that size. I might see how it fits.

This was the first one I found. More googling found that there are different diameters and depths with different brands. But 30 quart seems to be the size to look for.

Could this be the answer?

http://cookwarepro.com/update-quart-heavy-duty-stainless-steel-mixing-bowl-mb3000hd-p-1253.html

I think I'm gonna have to get one! Ive had enough of black sooty condensate dripping on my food. I'm thinking this will be really great for anyone fortunate enough to have a stainless drum.

Any thoughts?

I found this....although they are no longer listed on the web:mad:.

DSCF5249.jpg

It goes on top of my shiney SS drum as can be seen here.
DSCF5295.jpg

Although if I had thought of the big SS bowl I may have tried it!!!

Paul B
SS UDS

I found this....although they are no longer listed on the web:mad:.

DSCF5249.jpg

It goes on top of my shiney SS drum as can be seen here.
DSCF5295.jpg

Although if I had thought of the big SS bowl I may have tried it!!!

Paul B
SS UDS

NOW you're just showing off Paul B!!!:wink::heh:
And have you REALLY been able to keep that thing THAT shiny and grease free this last year? I remember when you first posted that. BEAUTY!

I still haven't talked myself into spending any more dough on the SSDS. I still just use the lid off of one of the kettles. Works for me!

Plus.....for $25, I'd think you could find a used OTS on CL for around the same $ and use the lid. They're all OVER the place here in Indy.

NOW you're just showing off Paul B!!!:wink::heh:
And have you REALLY been able to keep that thing THAT shiny and grease free this last year? I remember when you first posted that. BEAUTY!

I still haven't talked myself into spending any more dough on the SSDS. I still just use the lid off of one of the kettles. Works for me!

Plus.....for $25, I'd think you could find a used OTS on CL for around the same $ and use the lid. They're all OVER the place here in Indy.

Not showing off, just trying to be helpful to fellow brethern:heh::heh:.

I use it quite a bit, but alack and alass it just stays clean all by itself:shock:. No really....I may need to take a pic of the inside to prove that I do use it. Gunk just doesn't seem to run down the outside.

Paul B
SS UDS

Back