New York Strip Steak - SV style

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
First time trying the Sous Vide method... so we had 1" New York Strip steaks.

[FONT=&quot]-----

Seasoned the steaks with Tatonka Dust and vacuumed sealed them.

-----

Now into the Sous Vide water bath set at 134º for 2 hours.

-----

Seasoned potatoes and veggies with Big Poppa's Bacon Jallelujah rub.

-----

Put the potatoes and veggies on the grill, smoking with some oak.

-----

Steaks getting some sears marks on the GrillGrates.

-----

Steak plated...

-----

Here is the money shot... honestly done to perfection for our preference and it was so tender and full of flavor. Will be using the Sous Vide method more often, love it!

Thanks for looking![/FONT]

Looks great! What type of sous vide machine to you have?

Looks great! What type of sous vide machine to you have?

Thanks Ron! As Dreggs said the Sous Vide Supreme from SAM's Club item #553529. Shopping around we like their price, extendeded warranty available and 90 day money back guarantee with no questions asked in case we didn't feel it was worth it. Wife did a rib roast in it yesterday and it has proven to us in 2 cooks it is worth the coin.

doesn't get no better pink color than that except for.... mmm, mouth watering looking meat

Marty that looks fantastic!! Well done Sir! :-D

I really liked the idea of Sous Vide cooking. I bought an Auber PID, a hot plate, and a fish tank bubbler for less than $200. It does perfect Sous Vide cooking. But, the time required to do it? I did it a handfull of times and now I cook normally again. Don't get me wrong, it has it's purpose. If I am having a party and cooking steaks for everyone, I can throw them in the bath and then sear them individually as each person is ready to eat. But other than that, it is way easier and less time consuming "to me" to cook the old fashion way.

Nice looking steaks.

Buddy of mine built one but I just brought a sous vide controller for my crockpot... we shall see if it works!

Jeff

Back