MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
Riskyguy
On the road to being a farker

I started off with an 18" WSM. Loved it and then got the 22.5". It was nice but temps were harder to control here in Colorado. I then got an XL Big Green Egg and couldn't be happier because it acts as both a low temp smoker or a high heat grill. Everything from pork butts to steaks to chicken to ribs and pizza come out great. I did the Roadside chicken over the weekend that was unbelievably moist. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a BGE or a quality knock off like a Kamado Joe.
Riskyguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 09-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #17
jrn
Full Fledged Farker

UDS. Best bang for the buck that there is! Traditional pit style flavor. I love'em.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
MeatCandy
Full Fledged Farker

I'll save you time and money...So, you will only have to do this once...Get a BigJoe...

Your welcome...

Moderator: You can lock this thread...the issue has been resolved..no need to go any further...
MeatCandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #19
BBQ-Jim
On the road to being a farker

Build a UDS you won't be sorry.....

Jim
BBQ-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #20
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/product...igital-smoker/

http://www.yodersmokers.com/ys480-pellet-grill.html
SmittyJonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #21
shagnasty
Full Fledged Farker

Im kinda in the same boat as you when it comes to the cost of a quality unit like the assassin. Id love to have it but my budget isnt there yet. I did some internet surfing and found this one. abessmokers.com Looks like a clone of a backwoods. Pretty good prices but very little info available online about them.
shagnasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskyguy View Post
I started off with an 18" WSM. Loved it and then got the 22.5". It was nice but temps were harder to control here in Colorado. I then got an XL Big Green Egg and couldn't be happier because it acts as both a low temp smoker or a high heat grill. Everything from pork butts to steaks to chicken to ribs and pizza come out great. I did the Roadside chicken over the weekend that was unbelievably moist. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a BGE or a quality knock off like a Kamado Joe.
I'd be happy to come take those WSMs off your hands!

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
SimondsBBQ
Got Wood.

Keep an eye on Craigslist. I just picked up a BWS Fatboy with the guru only a few years old and in great shape for $1600. SCORE! And for the record I love my BGE just wanted more capacity.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #24
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pig Congress View Post
looking for a smoker to grow with. ive been getting by with my weber gas grill and its time to step up. been lurking around craigs list/ ebay, havent found any thing yett. I Need an assassin smoker, for the money it seems to be the best bang for the buck. How ever if the wife finds out i spent $3000 on a grill she nuder me! can any one point me in a good direction. the reason i want a vertical is they are almost set and forget and i have extremely limited time and cant be watching my smoker all day. also wheres a good place to get meat whole sale on Long Island. Just started going to Restaurant depot, but think i can get better quality.
You can borrow my Spicewine for month.. try it out, then call jay if you like it. (Im close by, just off 347and 25)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #25
ironmanerik
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqchef33 View Post
you can borrow my spicewine for month.. Try it out, then call jay if you like it. (im close by, just off 347and 25)
wow!!!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #26
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

Uds.