Brethren Bash Breakfast Burrito

Mark

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Mark
I've had some requests for this "recipe" but I use the term loosley; making breakfast burritos is like making chile; there are only "guidelines" and you adlib based on the situation. So here's what I did based on Sunday morning's situation.

1. Make hash browns:
I Rummaged through Greg's freezer and found half a bag of frozen french fries and half a onion. Thawed them out enough to dice and added a few of DaveWey's fresh hungarian peppers, likewise diced. I threw the "hash browns" in Greg's 15" cast iron frying pan along with half a cup of bacon grease (saved from the previous morning). Then I cooked the hash brown untill well done and removed from pan.

2. Add some smoked meat
Next step was to crumble up about half a leftover fatty from the night before along with a few cups of crumbled-up bacon (from the morning before). Then I added about a cup of my salsa to deglaze the pan with the sausage and bacon still in it. Then I stirred in about 6 eggs.

3. Add everything else
While meat/eggs/salsa was cooking, I reintroduced the hash browns and a whole 5-pound ham & cheddar omlett leftover from the previous morning. I heated, chopped and stirred everything for a few minutes more and that was it.

4. Serve
Pile it on a warm flour tortilla and top with more salsa.

Bill:
I hope this covers it. Maybe we should file in a new section for brethern bash grub. If so, I'll add the sauteed summer squash recipe.

Now that's the breakfast of champions! I usually just use what is in the refrigerator.

Thanks Mark

Shoulda woke up before 10am so I coulda visited more (and ate more) with you folks.

And I missed the apple crisp/ice cream breakfast stuff :(

Davewey said:
Damm them sound good wear the hell was I at?

Sorry. I thought you knew what I was doin cooking but figured you must be too hung over to eat.

Mark, I do something very simular to that:

0006.jpg

Sometimes I fold them like a taco and sometimes I'll roll them like a burrito. Then I fry them in butter to toast the tortilla. I love the crispy buttery flavor that the final step adds.

Looks good. I'll remember to try that!

I'll admit, some pinto beans are good in breakfasts burritos. But it doesn't come close to the recreation value of inserting a taquito rectally and farting out the beans.

Mark said:
I'll admit, some pinto beans are good in breakfasts burritos. But it doesn't come close to the recreation value of inserting a taquito rectally and farting out the beans.

I had the pleasure of meeting Mark at the bash last weekend, and I noticed one thing for sure, Mark does not say a lot, but when he does it is usually funny as hell :lol:, and pretty deep (check out his signature lines). Thanks for all you did for us bro. You're awesome.

Mark said:

Now THAT is funny.... This got the tears flowing and Sharon lookin at me like I'm on drugs... Thanks for the belly laugh!! I love them things.. makes chile shoot out your nose(right Bill?)

its even better after meeting mark.. this is even funnier cause you'd never expect it.... he sneaks up on ya with lines like this..... Then sticks his pipe back in his mouth.

Back