• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hickory Grilled Sriracha Ranch Chicken

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I took out some chicken for dinner this morning, with no idea of what I was going to do with it. I just knew that my sweetie likes a meal for Sunday dinner so, I had no choice but to come up with something simple but tasty. I decided to throw a quick brine together for the chicken. I'm no brine expert, but I do know I need salt and whatever else I could find to add flavor...

After about 2 hours in the brine, I drained the chicken and got it ready for the grill which was already heated up with some Wicked Good Weekend Warrior...

I put some hickory chunks on the coals, and cooked the chicken directly over the coals, to infuse lots of smokey flavor into it...

The chicken had beautiful color and the smell was fantastic...

Now for the quick and simple trick. I drizzled some hidden valley ranch, and some sriracha hot sauce on top of the chicken, and plated with some of the wild rice I had left over from Saturday. My wife loved it, and I fulfilled my Sunday dinner requirement she has for me...

If this were a "OMG, I need to cook something really fast" throw down, this would be my money shot! :-D

Mmmmmm! Sriracha ranch sounds like a great combo on chicken! Looks awesome!!

Looks great Tony. Never tried Sriracha and Ranch. I'll make a Sriracha Mayo and use it for dipping or a spread. Might have to give that a try.

Looks great Tony. Never tried Sriracha and Ranch. I'll make a Sriracha Mayo and use it for dipping or a spread. Might have to give that a try.

I was just messing around and thought I would give it a try. I had no idea it would work so well on the chicken. It was one of those happy accidents! :-D

Im not a fan of ranch but in moderation with a little sriracha i think it would be good! How would you rate the flovor combo? What does your cutting board read?

Im not a fan of ranch but in moderation with a little sriracha i think it would be good! How would you rate the flovor combo? What does your cutting board read?

The flavor was amazing. Almost like smoked buffalo chicken with more explosive flavors. And my cutting board, which was a gift from my daughter reads: "Last words before you smoke?". A fitting question for the numerous cuts of meat being trimmed! :-D

I was just messing around and thought I would give it a try. I had no idea it would work so well on the chicken. It was one of those happy accidents! :-D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCsO56kWwTc"]Bob Ross - We don't make mistakes - YouTube[/ame]

Back