MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #16
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

food looks great. i'll give you a pass on the overpriced canned water errr... beer.

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #17
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

What a fantastic time with good food and good family and friends! It's like a modern-day Norman Rockwell 'week of holidays'. The food looks amazing. There's an underlying feel of 'simpler times' that is refreshing and beautiful. Congratulations! If it helps, I feel the same way about salmon as you do......
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #18
FamilyManBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

The "most wonderful time of year" for sure!! It starts for us mid-October with 5 birthdays and our wedding anniversary. 2 1/2 months of celebrating....man, I'm tired.

Your pics are great. Could almost be shots from my own family....tree farm, candy canes, the opening present faces (yours kids' were awesome). We had chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes on new years...Katie stayed awake by baking!

Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year to you and yours!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B]Humphrey's Pint[/B][/FONT][/FONT], [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial]Weber(Go Anywhere, Smokey Joe, "Smoker Joe", 22.5" Kettles, Gasser, Q100, Q200, (2)22.5" WSM, (1)18.5" WSM (1) 14.5" WSM, UDS (Weber lid), Rib-O-Lator. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][B][COLOR=black]BLACK[/COLOR][/B] thermapen...and a [B][COLOR=yellow]YELLOW[/COLOR][/B] one too!! [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial][I][B]Everything I cook is judged by SIX!![/B][/I][/FONT][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][B]Daddy and Me BBQ[/B] Competition Cooking Team[/FONT][/I]
FamilyManBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #19
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Looks like a great time Jason! You have a beautiful family!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Everything looks fantastic, the money shots are the ones with all the kids smiles, that's what Christmas is all about BRAVO!!!

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #21
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Yeppers, a big well done Jason! great great great post!

Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #22
Militant83
is one Smokin' Farker

Busy man...looks good

Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #23
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George's BBQ View Post
WOW Jaason that was some Faking Awesome food You can always send the salmon to me. Your best Pics were the Kids at Christmas Looks like the had a Ball Thanks
Thanks George, and be careful what you wish for. I do have your address now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
WOW! That was a great post. You really kept busy. I absolutely loved the pics of the kids. Yeah, the food was amazing too, but the kids really stole the show!
Thanks Gore, I couldn't have done it without you brother. The prime rib advice you've been handing out has been great, and the salmon recipe is apparently off the chain as well, I might even have to suck it up and have a bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
Totally happy post dude, you sure rocked Christmas and the New Year!
Unbelievable spread Jason!
Thanks bucc, next year maybe I'll do some curry in your honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Favorite pic. I've no idea what she's holding but I can see evil intent in that grin. Apparently your boy saw it too...
Thanks Guerry, to be honest I don't remember what she's holding, but that is maybe my favorite shot of the kids at Christmas for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
Great post.

I'll have the Two Hearted.
You got it Ric, stop on by anytime!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #24
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Love it love it love it! What a great post! Looks like all is well at Casa de Fingerlickin.

So do you have room for an extra family of 4 next year?
Absolutely brother, feel free to put PA on you travel itinerary for next year. I'll would be a blast!

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Old 01-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouth View Post
food looks great. i'll give you a pass on the overpriced canned water errr... beer.
Dude, I had a feeling I would take some heat for that one. The bud light was brought by a party goer. In my defense here's how I stocked the coolers before everyone showed up. I thought you'd be proud of me.

Uinta Hop Notch, Bells Two Hearted, Six Point Bengali Tiger, Six Point Sweet Action, Fegley's Rude Elf's Reserve, Southern Tier Old Man, 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die, Old Forge Overbite IPA, Sammy Smith's Winter Welcome, Anderson Valley Winter Solstice and Sierra Nevada Celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' View Post
What a fantastic time with good food and good family and friends! It's like a modern-day Norman Rockwell 'week of holidays'. The food looks amazing. There's an underlying feel of 'simpler times' that is refreshing and beautiful. Congratulations! If it helps, I feel the same way about salmon as you do......
Thanks Kathy! I feel you on the simpler times thing. The holidays are a lot of fun but to tell you the truth, I'm almost relieved to be sitting at my desk today and not out running around all over creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyManBBQ View Post
The "most wonderful time of year" for sure!! It starts for us mid-October with 5 birthdays and our wedding anniversary. 2 1/2 months of celebrating....man, I'm tired.

Your pics are great. Could almost be shots from my own family....tree farm, candy canes, the opening present faces (yours kids' were awesome). We had chocolate chip cookies and cupcakes on new years...Katie stayed awake by baking!

Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year to you and yours!
Thanks brother, I say the same thing when I see the posts of your family as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Looks like a great time Jason! You have a beautiful family!
Thanks Jeanie! I'm a very luck guy for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post
Everything looks fantastic, the money shots are the ones with all the kids smiles, that's what Christmas is all about BRAVO!!!
Thanks Paul! I couldn't agree more, which comes in handy for me since I always seem to forget the actual money shot.

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #26
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Dude, I had a feeling I would take some heat for that one. The bud light was brought by a party goer. In my defense here's how I stocked the coolers before everyone showed up. I thought you'd be proud of me.

Uinta Hop Notch, Bells Two Hearted, Six Point Bengali Tiger, Six Point Sweet Action, Fegley's Rude Elf's Reserve, Southern Tier Old Man, 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die, Old Forge Overbite IPA, Sammy Smith's Winter Welcome, Anderson Valley Winter Solstice and Sierra Nevada Celebration.
Sounds like a winning line up to me, I was lucky enough to score a 6 pack of Bells Two Hearted (not sold in cali.) I guess that Santa farker is an ok dude. Very nice beer but I was expecting it to be hoppier (comparing it to a dead ringer home brew I did).

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #27
El Ropo

Name/Nickname : Roger

Heck of a run you had there. Love the kitchen shrapnel, that means a lot of fun was had.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
Tnbbqr
Found some matches.

Great post. Thanks for posting!
Tnbbqr is offline   Reply With Quote