**22" WSM Rib-O-Lator Rotisserie Mod**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With the new Kettle sized trays!

And I am the first to demo them, so I modified the center section of my 22" WSM, added the Weber motor mount and the Rib-O-Lator is ready to roll!

Made a 14" diameter expando charcoal ring (same size as the 18" WSM) for fuel efficiency, emptied a 9lb bag of Stubb's briqs and used Apple and Peach for smoke.

IMG_1628_1.jpg

Pork Loin Back Ribs
IMG_1629_1.jpg

IMG_1630_1.jpg

IMG_1631_1.jpg

I ponder my next move - and fire up the Cajun Bandit and Rib-O-Late some Chicken thighs and legs! Brilliant!

IMG_1634_1.jpg

IMG_1637_1.jpg

IMG_1639_1.jpg

IMG_1641_1.jpg

Back to the Ribs! 3 hours at 250*, then I kicked the temp up to 300* for 45 minutes, and these Baby's are done!

IMG_1640_1.jpg

IMG_1643_1.jpg

IMG_1644_1.jpg

IMG_1645_1.jpg

IMG_1646_1.jpg

Temps were easy to control, even with the spit rod cutouts, the WSM ran rock steady at 250* with 2 vents closed and one open 50%.

I love cooking with the Rib-O-Lator!

I have a Offset stick burner and a UDS. I was thinking of replacing the UDS with the WSM. How do you like yours?

Dude...you NOTCHED it...this is NOT what we discussed...I am apalled...distrought...downhearted...suicidal even...:eek::eek::eek: Nice lookin' grub though...:cool:

Dude...you NOTCHED it...this is NOT what we discussed...I am apalled...distrought...downhearted...suicidal even...:eek::eek::eek: Nice lookin' grub though...:cool:

I debated with the voices in my head and settled on the cutouts. Remember that its the out of round replacement?
Its not like I don't have another center section!:icon_cool

Everythings gonna be alright!:roll:

The 22.5" WSM with the new 22.5" Rib-O-Lator. Thanks for inviting me over for the christening, Brian!

Attachments

• rol wsm 2 (Large).jpg
    rol wsm 2 (Large).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 399
  • rol wsm (Large).jpg
    rol wsm (Large).jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
It all looks great! Except that 5th photo, looks like you got some hair in that one!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I debated with the voices in my head and settled on the cutouts. Remember that its the out of round replacement?
Its not like I don't have another center section!:icon_cool

Everythings gonna be alright!:roll:

Ok...I'm alright...it's gonna be ok...whew! I feel better now...:cool:

Awesome ribolator pron. Ordered one and a Cajun Bandit on Friday. Can't wait to "give it a whirl".

I hope one day soon I can get a WSM and now a ribolator. Food looks great.

Rib-O-Lator

Brian---
I'm wondering how the E-Z Que ring would work, instead of the cutouts??
I am reluctant to notch my Cajun Bandit...

Brian---
I'm wondering how the E-Z Que ring would work, instead of the cutouts??
I am reluctant to notch my Cajun Bandit...

Nope- the Weber or EZ-Que ring will NOT fit on the WSM.

But if you have a ring and a Cajun Bandit-what are you waiting for?

IMG_1212.jpg

Nice!! I like it! I figured you'd be the first to slap a ROL on your WSM!!

Those ribs look incredible too! ...woulda liked to see some cut rib pics tho...:biggrin:
What did you use to make the notchs? they look nice & clean!

I'm smoking cheese on my ROL today... too easy.

Rib-O-Lator

Oh--- Looked a little closer, and it does work ok with the ring--

Back