A Chickenfried Steak

I'd be cool with weighing 400 pounds if I could eat that daily. My wife and I both love love love CFS but it's a very rare treat around here...but!...there is a holiday weekend coming up, right?...:idea: :hungry:

That looks so good, Jeanie & I love the ribeye mod! I'll be having these pix floating through my head for a long time. :bounce:

I was saying to myself "she did WHAT to that ribeye?" when I saw the first picture, then I saw the rest of the pics, now you got me thinking about smashing a ribeye! That meal looks great! Don't ever cook broccoli, you'll have me trying that too...

Jeanie I never doubted your chicken fried steak would be amazing but to make it out of a rib eye... holy cow girl you really outdid yourself on this one.

And cook...

Last edited:
I was in Lubbock a few weeks ago and had a Green Chile Chicken Fried Steak. It was really farking good. :cool:

I bet it was great!! :-D

I'd be cool with weighing 400 pounds if I could eat that daily. My wife and I both love love love CFS but it's a very rare treat around here...but!...there is a holiday weekend coming up, right?...:idea: :hungry:

That looks so good, Jeanie & I love the ribeye mod! I'll be having these pix floating through my head for a long time. :bounce:

Thanks Greg! Hope you all try it this weekend. The ribeye was really tasty for a change. Maybe I was just hungry though. lol
Hope you're having a great week! :-D

I was saying to myself "she did WHAT to that ribeye?" when I saw the first picture, then I saw the rest of the pics, now you got me thinking about smashing a ribeye! That meal looks great! Don't ever cook broccoli, you'll have me trying that too...
lol I like broccoli, but rarely cook it. Not sure why! Thanks for the kind comment! :-D

That looks good, now I won't be able to stop thinking of one before I cook some.

Heck, that's what happened to me! I couldn't get it out of my mind til I finally made one. lol Take pics when you do, if you get the time. Thanks! :-D

Tremendous!

I wanna ride on your gravy train with biscuit wheels!

lol Thanks Greg!! :biggrin1:

That is one amazing meal!!!

Thanks Greg! Kind of Oklahoma diner style. Steak has to be bigger than your plate. lol
I always judge a diner by their chickenfried steaks and fried catfish. :-D

Jeanie I never doubted your chicken fried steak would be amazing but to make it out of a rib eye... holy cow girl you really outdid yourself on this one.
Thanks so much Bill!! I'll be using ribeye again in the future. :-D

And cook...
Thanks Adams! :biggrin1:

Uummm. Uuummmm. Good. I’d like to think I’ve got a pretty good history with OK diner food... Jeanie, there are some fine chicken frys around but not like that one. Home run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ring,ring,ring.Hello Jeanie,this is James Beard calling.Could we possibly send our private Gulfstream 550 to Oklahoma to fly you back to Nu Yawk City for a ceremony celebrating you showing EVERYONE on this forum how to cook?!!! DARNNITTGURL!!!!! You NEVER cease to AMAZE me. :clap:

Just luv me some chickenfried steak for breakfast or any other meal for that matter. Very few places around her can do it well, some even use ground beef pattys to make it. Thanks for posting.

One of my favorites as a kid and still is!! Yours, of course, is a couple of levels up from anything I have ever had, and now I am craving that along with the catfish from earlier. You really nailed this one!

Jeanie, that had to be the best chicken fried steak in the world, if you used a ribeye!! Food looks really good!

Sandra will cook CFS about twice a year and will mention to her about using a ribeye.

I always said the main reason to hunt deer was CFS from the backstrap. It's been a few years since I've last hunted so maybe the ribeye idea will be a good substitute.

Uummm. Uuummmm. Good. I’d like to think I’ve got a pretty good history with OK diner food... Jeanie, there are some fine chicken frys around but not like that one. Home run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heck, Kevin! You know what I'm talkin' about. Oklahoma diner chickenfried steaks can be anything from amazing, to frozen hockey pucks. lol Thanks! :-D

"Breakfast at Jeanie's" ~Would put the early am line outside Franklin BBQ to shame.
Very kind of you Bob!! Made my day.. Thanks! :-D

Ring,ring,ring.Hello Jeanie,this is James Beard calling.Could we possibly send our private Gulfstream 550 to Oklahoma to fly you back to Nu Yawk City for a ceremony celebrating you showing EVERYONE on this forum how to cook?!!! DARNNITTGURL!!!!! You NEVER cease to AMAZE me. :clap:
lol Thanks so much Hoss! :-D

Just friggin awesome! :jaw:
Thank you Rick! It turned out pretty tasty. I hope to make another one soon! :-D

Just luv me some chickenfried steak for breakfast or any other meal for that matter. Very few places around her can do it well, some even use ground beef pattys to make it. Thanks for posting.

Thanks Tom! Ground beef patties sound different. I've had hamburger steaks in diners, but not sure if I've ran across one that was chickenfried. Might have to give it a try! :-D

One of my favorites as a kid and still is!! Yours, of course, is a couple of levels up from anything I have ever had, and now I am craving that along with the catfish from earlier. You really nailed this one!
Thanks Ron! Wonder how a chickenfry topped with catfish would taste. lol You've got me thinking... :-D

Jeanie, that had to be the best chicken fried steak in the world, if you used a ribeye!! Food looks really good!
Thank you Jeremy! I really like the ribeye. I've always used round, but this, I will do again. :-D

Sandra will cook CFS about twice a year and will mention to her about using a ribeye.

I always said the main reason to hunt deer was CFS from the backstrap. It's been a few years since I've last hunted so maybe the ribeye idea will be a good substitute.

I love chickenfried venison! :-D

Back