Using trays in a Cambro

Daddyx

Reaction score
I'm a backyard BBQ guy who feeds lots of family and friends a couple times a month. I have been looking for something better than my cheap Coleman cooler to rest my briskets in. I think I'm going to go with the Cambro GoBox based on my needs, and reviews I have read here. My question is whether I need to get some trays or not. The GoBox I am looking at will hold (3) 4" pans which should be sufficient for the size briskets I cook. Would there be any advantage besides convenience to using pans rather than just stacking them in there like I currently do with my cooler?

Thanks all

Sorry, I mixed up my terminology a bit. I'm strictly talking about pans. I was going to order 3 pans to put the briskets in while resting but if I can just stack the meat up inside on top of each other and get the same results I may do that.

Ahh...weight capacity for a single pan. I don't think I've ever seen that listed anywhere. You can try stacking all in one pan...or maybe split into two pans and see how it works out.

I support all foil pans by placing them in real steam pans and sliding them in. I don't try the foil pans not to collapse, especially if transporting. It also helps to catch juices that spill from beans, etc. Many say they don't use support pans but I like the added insurance.

Back