• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any Grub Rub users (or ex users)?

Dakaty

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have been using Grub Rub for over a year (its made right here in Katy TX!)

But... as soon as I put it on my ribs or brisket, it turns to liquid and I believe, most of it drips off during the cook. Everytime I clean my pit (yes, I do clean mine), I scrape up lots of burnt brown sugar (main ingredient) off of my tuning plates.

Do other rubs also liquify like GR? I tried a couple of different rubs over a year ago, but the OL said she didn't like them as much as the GR.

Sometimes I feel like I am just wasting money using this stuff, but my ribs and briskets always turn out great!

I have been using Grub Rub for over a year (its made right here in Katy TX!)

But... as soon as I put it on my ribs or brisket, it turns to liquid and I believe, most of it drips off during the cook. Everytime I clean my pit (yes, I do clean mine), I scrape up lots of burnt brown sugar (main ingredient) off of my tuning plates.

Do other rubs also liquify like GR? I tried a couple of different rubs over a year ago, but the OL said she didn't like them as much as the GR.

Sometimes I feel like I am just wasting money using this stuff, but my ribs and briskets always turn out great!

My Dad was hooked on the stuff, after meeting the guy doing a demo. In turn I became hooked.

I've never had another rub 'liquify' like that, and I know exactly what you mean. I use it primarily for meat I grill and leave it in a pan (in the fridge)for a couple of hours before cooking.

Grub Rub

Grub Rub is the best!!!! If your results are turning out great, why do you feel you are wasteing your money?

Grub Rub is the best!!!! If your results are turning out great, why do you feel you are wasteing your money?

That doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? It just bothers me that it turns to liquid, then drips off quickly into the pit. Maybe I'm using too much..

This is some good stuff. I got some in the last sauce/rub trade, then ordered a gallon of it, and used it all. I can't buy it locally, which sucks!

I used some on abrisket not to long ago. It does liquify a bit it seems but my fiance who doesnt care for brisket all that much stated that it was really good. it had a good bark and was good and moist and lots of flavor. I gotta pick some more up. Im with Bevo, if your grub is turning out good, then its not a waste of money.

I am a strong user, and also an ex-user.

Why?

Cuz I farking ran out!

Every single one of my rubs liquifies to some degree, because I rub and wrap in Glad Wrap 24hrs before smoking. But never to the point where the Bandera has any accumulation, but I'm fat cap down over a water pan, so maybe thats where its going.

I love it. And the microwave trick to de-clump is the Brauma's Butt

I would take care of you but my Texan connection is a tad pissed off

I used it on the last brisket I cooked. It was good, but a pain to work with in my opionion. Even after a little microwaving I could barely get it to shake out of the bottle. I'll try it one more time. I read nothing but good about it.

I used it on the last brisket I cooked. It was good, but a pain to work with in my opionion. Even after a little microwaving I could barely get it to shake out of the bottle. I'll try it one more time. I read nothing but good about it.

If the bottle is relatively full take a fork to it if you want to use the shaker bottle. Otherwise dump some in a bowl and break it up by hand as you sprinkle it on the meat. You are going to rub it in anyway, right?

Yeah, those little shaker bottles are a PITA. I dump the Grub Rub in a bowl and then use handfuls to sprinkle it on. (I use a deep plastic "bus" tray to apply seasonings).

I buy GR by the gallon, it is so much cheaper that way.

http://www.grubrub.com/

GRLabelBig.jpg

Back