Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 3rd Annual Horsin' Around BBQ Showdown, Young Harris, GA May 28 & 29

MoGreen

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Any Brethren plan on making this one? This will be our second comp for team Rub Won Out. I know the EggseQuetive Council will be there. Anybody else?

Last time I talked to the rep at Young Harris he said he had about 25 or so teams but was expecting more that was about two weeks ago. I think there is another comp just north of there with a bigger payout many may have gone up there.

I passed on that one to go to N. Augusta the same weekend.

Learn2Q and Bub-a-que will be in Young Harris.
That's a great facility. I was there at the first of the year. It was snowing when I was there... hopefully you'll have better weather. LOL

Yeah, looks like the Banjo-B-Q in N. Augusta, SC is the bigger draw that weekend with about 3 times the prize money. Suits me fine, though. We're looking to crack the top 10 overall this time around, and less teams might not hurt us there! Also, it's my 6th wedding anniversary on the 29th, and the wife and I will be staying at the resort for some R&R after the comp. Now, how many of you are married to gals that don't mind spending their anniversaries at a dang BBQ comp? I'm a lucky guy for sure.

We'll be looking for you, Uncle Bud. Drop by and say howdy if you get a chance.

Oh...we'll definitely be stopping by MO....does that resort room have a spare couch? :laugh:

Back