First pulled pork on the UDS...

UVaJester

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well I have been hesitant doing a Boston Butt on the UDS since I'd have to do an overnight cook. I learned that I probably didn't need to start the butt as early as I did...

I injected the butt with a mixture of random recipes I've seen around the forums and then rubbed it down with Wolfe Original Rub. I let it sit the fridge over night and then rubbed again at 4:30am when I started the UDS up.
4697072a.jpg

I got the UDS up to 225 degrees and threw the butt on... It had an internal temp of 40 degrees when it went on. I stayed awake and made sure the the UDS was holding 225 degrees. After a 4 hour nap I woke up surprised to find the UDS still holding a rock steady 225 and the butt was already at 165 degrees... After another hour it was at 183 internal temp. Foiled and back on the UDS...
31a4517f.jpg

It took a total of about 10 hours to get the 8 pound butt to an internal temp of 200 degrees... I took the butt off and let it rest in the cooler for a few hours till it was time to eat. Here is the only pic I could take before everyone dived in...
6ec8d682.jpg

This was the best pulled pork I've ever had...!!!!!

That pork looks really good. How did Wolfe's original taste and what kind of sauce did you try?

That pork looks really good. How did Wolfe's original taste and what kind of sauce did you try?

The wolfes original was awesome...!!! It'd be hard for me to try anything else because I would hate to be let down. The sauce is my own recipe which is a tomato/vinegar style sauce.

I was able to use my foodsaver and package the 3 pounds of leftovers in 1/2 pound packs... The phone Is ringing off the hook cause everyone wants more... Hahaaa

Nice job!!! I'm always amazed how well the drum gets locked in at 225. I would call that butt PERFECT!!!

Nice job!!! I'm always amazed how well the drum gets locked in at 225. I would call that butt PERFECT!!!

I was really shocked it held temp rock steady... All my other cooks have required a little tweaking here and there... This definitely makes me hold out on ordering the stoker and see if I can get away without.

Last edited:
Back