Pulled Pork, Beans and Cornbread on the eggs

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy...

I got up early this morning and put some Pork on the Egg for Dinner today.
2 Six pound butts, rubbed with texasbbqrub and some hickory and Pecan in the egg for smoke.

57_pp_002_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_001_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_003_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_007_Small_1.jpg

The smell was out of this world. What a nice start of the day !

57_pp_008_Small_1.jpg

Around noon i added a small Dutch oven with some fried onions, peppers and Bacon and a small can of Beans. Mixed in some Honey, Bourbon and BBQ Sauce and let it simmer for a couple of hours

57_pp_010_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_011_Small_1.jpg

Later on i was looking for a plate setter for the mini egg and found this min iron pan in the cupboard. Perfect fit, looks like its been made for the mini egg.

So i quickly mixed a batch of honey cornbread and cooked it in the mini.

57_pp_018_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_019_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_025_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_026_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_027_Small_1.jpg

The pork was done after 11 hours and very tender and moist.

57_pp_013_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_014_Small_2.jpg

57_pp_015_Small_2.jpg

The Beans were just awesome. All the flavours blended very well, some of the best beans i ever cooked. If only i had used the big Dutch Oven...
By the way, i teared some meat off the roasts about halfway through the cook, chopped it up and mixed it with the beans.
I usually cook beans under the pork so i had try something different this time.

gifdone1.gif

57_pp_028_Small_1.jpg

I also invited 2 atomic buffalo turds and a glass of gentlemen Jack to the party...
s_cool.gif

57_pp_029_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_030_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_031_Small_1.jpg

57_pp_032_Small_1.jpg

Life is good !
a_cheers.gif

DM

Wow, that may have given me a plan for this weekend. What is the sixe of that dutch oven (capacity wise)?

Thats a 5" oven from Camp Chef and it holds about 2 1/2 - 3 cups.

I´v got a couple of those, they are very nice for sides, keeping stuff warm and lots of other uses.

DM

D.M, your pics are outstanding once again! The food looks great!

You have certainly created a dilemna for me - I don't know what I like better - the food or the photography (with the animated GIFs - I'm guessing?) - they both look excellent. And what a neat idea with the beans, very creative.

I also appreciate how you show the entire process including the sides.

Very helpful to me since I do not have my BGE yet - nice to know all that can be done.

BTW - since I am a newbie - at what temp did you cook the pork and at what temp did you pull it off?

I see the Texas plate avatar so I would guess you know carnitas - just told my wife, yours looks better than most that I have had!

Thanks for sharing - excellent post IMO:wink:

Dude! your photography rocks! I am sure it helps if you have that bad a## food to take pics of. Very nice job. Any special details on those little cornbreads or is it just straight forward.

Great job on the butts, thanks for sharing that wonderful pron!

man do you deliver or ship.that looks lip smackin good

Back