Year Two or N8man's Treatise Of Smoke

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My Fellow Brethren, Today Marks My Second Anniversary of when mine eyes were opened to the truths of the Sweet Blue. First I'd like to link and share my First Anniversary Post....
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=632907&postcount=1
I am ever in awe of this place and of the comradery that we share. Thank You All For Letting Me Be A Part Of The BBQ Brethren.
Now, How Did I Celebrate My 2 Year Anny?
Why By Smoking All Night Of Course!!!!! Let The Pron Begin!!!!!!

Picked up a few goodies at Market for Smoking, 14lb Brisket, 7lb Pork Butt, some bacon to make ABTs and some JD Maple Sausage for Fatties..
PreMeats1.jpg

n8man_album
Prepped by trimming some excess fat from the brisket and rubbed down with Olive Oil and Magic Dust for the Brisket and Stubbs BBQ Rub for the Butt
Meats_Rub2.jpg

Got The DrumPit Out. I modded from the Wheels I had Before, which were hard to roll on gravel to Solid Rubber Racing Slicks. My DrumPit is now 30% faster!!!!:biggrin:
DrumPit3.jpg

I'm using a mixture of Royal Oak Lump and KF with some Hickory Chunks
Coal_Basket4.jpg

Got About 17 Briqs of Kf in the Chimney...Fire Good!!!!!:biggrin:
Starter5.jpg

Placed them real purdy ontop of coal in basket...
CoalsReady6.jpg

Now Waiting on the Sweet Blue to Happen.....
SweetBlue_Wait7.jpg

There it is!!!....
SweetBlue_Appears8.jpg

Time to Damper Down!!!!
Intake_Choked9.jpg

Lately I've taken to keeping all the Nipples slightly open. I feel it gives the Fire a more even burn....
Intake_Choked10.jpg

Meats are On!!!!!
Meats_On11.jpg

Clamped Down For The Night....Keeps the Neighbors..urr, I mean the Raccoons out....
Clamped12.jpg

I got the Meat on around 8:30-9:00ish.....This is the Days last light...see the rain bands? Yep....Rained on me some...
Dusky13.jpg

When the Day goes it gets Dark Quick here in God's Country!!!!!
NightFalls14.jpg

First thing this Morning I decided to Fire Up The Schlong Tube Weber...
SchlongWeber15.jpg

And Put these on......Fatties and Turds...MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
Fattys_Turds16.jpg

I am Currently @ 14 Hours time since I started the Brisket and Butt...
Brisket is @ 188* Butt is @ 198* I'll have more pix when things get done..The Drumpit Ran well through the Night, I checked on it every 6 hours or so and gave it a good shake to knock down the ash build up. I need a nap, but it's a Labor Of Love......:tongue:

IMG%5D

beautiful! i like those custom magnets 8)

Congrats on your two years!
Thanks for taking the time getting the pics, looks like a good time!
Looks like the Weber is hung like an elephant....

Happy anniversary and nice looking pron, I'll bet with those racing slicks on your drum takes corners alot better too.:wink:

Happy Anniversary, Nate. Thanks for always posting such great pron. You are what "The Brethren" is all about! :-D:-D

Congrats on your anniversary Nate.

Food looks outstanding.

Congrats amigo! :idea:I suspect the ABT's of carrying a rare strain of bacteria;:rolleyes: You should forward them to my lab for inspection & testing:wink:... Better send the Brisky, Butt and Fatty too, just to be safe you know. Cross-contamination is a terrible thing:roll:.

Congrats on the anniversary N8man!! Everything is looking good!

Oppppsssss....:icon_blush: I sorta sat down and passed out...
Fatties and Turds done..5 hours ago
Farkin_Fattys_Turds17.jpg

Butt and Brisket Done, I have them resting in a cooler till later....All told they smoked for 15 hours.....
Farkin_BrisketNButt18.jpg

I'll get some Meat Sliced and Pulled Pix a little later on...Iff'n I don't fall asleep again....:biggrin:

Awesome work, everything looks perfect. And congrats!

Money Shot!!!!!:biggrin:
Sliced Brisket...
Sliced_Brisket19.jpg

Pulled Pork.....
Pulled_Pork20.jpg

My Big Ol' Belly is Full!!!! I've ate 6 ABTs, Three Slices of Fatty, Two Brisket Sandwichs, and a Handful of Pulled Pork.....It's Nappy Time:tongue:

Back