Tri-tip Pics

leanza

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Tri-tips on the rotiss. rrom the other day.

Last edited:
Good looking Tri Tip!! :-D

That's a really nice counter top you have too!

Wish I had the $$ to have one that nice.

Looks good. Wish I had a butcher shop closer to me. Never have tried Tri-Tips. Maybe next on my list.

That's a really nice counter top you have too!

Wish I had the $$ to have one that nice.

If you spend all of your money on countertops like that then you'll have to resort to drinking Natural Ice! :icon_smil

Haven't smoke a tri tip yet but indirect on the weber, they are fantastic!

If you spend all of your money on countertops like that then you'll have to resort to drinking Natural Ice! :icon_smil

Beat me to it..... Tritip looks great. I cant find em down here either. I remember drinking bud Ice back in the day.. Doo be doo be doo.. beware of the penquin.....

Beat me to it..... Tritip looks great. I cant find em down here either. I remember drinking bud Ice back in the day.. Doo be doo be doo.. beware of the penquin.....

Hey Fatdaddy, you are bringing back some baaaad memories :shock: for me... That stuff goes down real smooth and way to fast... I bought some last year...

Great Lookin Grub !! Gonna have to try some Tri-Tips soon !!

Hey Fatdaddy, you are bringing back some baaaad memories :shock: for me... That stuff goes down real smooth and way to fast... I bought some last year...
first time i ever had alcohol poisoning was with BIce, i was 19 lol....

OnTopic .. What kind of rotiss did u cook those on> im lookin at gettin the Rotiss for the Weber kettle.

first time i ever had alcohol poisoning was with BIce, i was 19 lol....

OnTopic .. What kind of rotiss did u cook those on> im lookin at gettin the Rotiss for the Weber kettle.

You have had alcohol poisoning more than once? :shock:

That rotiss is a Weber accessory. I bought it at BBQ Galore for around $100. It comes with a 12'' high ring and a mounted bracket and then the complete spear thing and a counter weight. Well worth it It has a strong motor, I have had a 23lb turkey on it and it didn't struggle.

As far as the ICE camon guys don't make fun of my rockgutt. It gives a good buzz. 6.50 for a 12pack.:-D

You have had alcohol poisoning more than once? :shock:

hasnt everybody?
2.8 BAL was my highest.. good times.

Think ill look on Amazon and get one of those rotiss ordered in the next couple of weeks.

Looks good. Have had Tri-Tip a few times but have always grilled more than smoked.

The rotisserie is a good idea. I haven't had one for so long I forgot all about them. I'll have to look to see if there's some way I can get one to fit the Char Grill. Looks great! Direct heat goes well with tri-tip! Did you get any bark with the rotisserie??

The way I set this up is to start with 3/4 chimmine. I distribute on two sides. I gradually add more coals in time and start spreading them out twords center. Progressivly building up heat via new coals. Along the way I add my wood chunks. This cut of meat is lean and it seems it takes to about 120* internal before it gets juicy. I then continue until internal is rare to medium rare. A slight crisp does occur and that rub I put on and into it is awesome.

3/4 chimney should be more than ample fuel for what you are doing. Not sure that adding more buys anything, but I don't use the rotisserie mod either. I start with less than 3/4. Rub down fully trimmed tri-tips with a good quality rub several hours in advance. All of the coals poured to one side of the kettle plus a couple small chunks of mesquite, oak, or hickory along the outer edges of the lit charcoal. Sear the meat well over the hot coals and smoldering wood, and cook indirect under the lid approx 30 minutes, turning once during the process. You will see more barkening on the first turn and the juices just wanting to piss everywhere. Pull after about 30 minutes (15 minutes after the turn), wrap in foil and rest for another 10 minutes before slicing. Perfect.

Back