• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First brined turkey

boberosabbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Did a brined turkey breast for Thanksgiving. Best dang smoked turkey ever. Not ever been a turkey fan but this made it worth it. Everyone else thought so too. Gonna try it on some pheasants next.

Don't overlook brining pork chops, even a couple of hours will help them out. I add brown sugar and some rub to the brine for chops.

Shrimp, yes shrimp benefit from a 20 to 30 minute brine using just water and sea salt. If you have ever had fresh Gulf of Mexico shrimp, brining gives you that flavor.

sounds like it went very well for you. It was my first time as well, but I was gentle. Loved it. Definately will try it in pork chops and chicken.

thirdeye said:
Don't overlook brining pork chops, even a couple of hours will help them out. I add brown sugar and some rub to the brine for chops.

Shrimp, yes shrimp benefit from a 20 to 30 minute brine using just water and sea salt. If you have ever had fresh Gulf of Mexico shrimp, brining gives you that flavor.

Indeed! I had brined pork chops for dinner Sunday night. 2 hours in a very simple brine [kosher salt, brown sugar, water], then pan-seared and served with a mustard-cream sauce. They were so juicey they spit at you when you tried to cut them.

Ditto on the brined shrimp. Thirty minutes in a salt-water brine will en-liven any shrimp.

Back