MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #1
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default french toast, spare ribs, chuck short ribs & a couple pork tenderloins

a lady gave the missus a loaf of homemade bread, so we decided to make it using alton brown's recipe. i followed it exactly and it turned out awesome....

i made some cinnamon sugar to put on some of them and powdered sugar on the rest....

i also fired up the large big green egg and cooked a slab of spares along with a couple fresh herbed pork tenderloins and the some chuck short ribs. a few chunks of pecan mixed in with the lump.

i made some homemade potato salad and coleslaw for the sides......

we made some easter eggs for next weekend......

thanks for looking.

Old 04-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
bigabyte

Looks like a great day all around for everyone!
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
peeps

Some great looking grub for some good lookin' growing boys!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #4
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

That is some delicious looking grub.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:39 AM   #5
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

See, now you got me thinking. I have a couple pork tenderloins I bought and I thought about butterflying them, stuffing and rolling them, and then smoking them. But those look so nice, maybe I should smoke them empty...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 03:42 AM   #6
Bigr314
Babbling Farker

Looks like you did the family good.Nice looking little ones you got there.
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 RF with warmer(Boss Hogg)

Tab Benoit- Must listen to this artist. A cross between southern blues,Stevie Ray, and Louisiana cajun. Great listening while having a brew and tending the stick burner.
Bigr314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 03:53 AM   #7
Phubar

Now I'm hungry!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
See, now you got me thinking. I have a couple pork tenderloins I bought and I thought about butterflying them, stuffing and rolling them, and then smoking them. But those look so nice, maybe I should smoke them empty...

they turned out really good. olive oil, salt & fresh herbs overnight and i threw them on the grill with the ribs. the kids don't like the pink as much as me, so i brought them to 160 before pulling them off.

i had never cooked chuck short ribs before. they were fantastic. i used a montreal seasoning (dizzy pig) and some additional salt and pepper on them. fantastic. i'd like to get the ribs uncut if possible next time.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #9
Guando
Full Fledged Farker

Now that is my kind of day. Looked relaxing and delicious!
Guando is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #10
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

Looks good and the kiddos did a nice job on the eggs!

Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #11
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

That's a good day of eating right there. I had my mother in laws potato salad yesterday, it looks exactly like yours. Those little pickle slices make the whole thing.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #12
deepsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
That's a good day of eating right there. I had my mother in laws potato salad yesterday, it looks exactly like yours. Those little pickle slices make the whole thing.

those are those little mini sweet pickles. all i use are red potatos, hard boiled eggs, pickles, mayo, salt and pepper and sometimes a small squeeze of cajun mustard.