• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Juicy Lucy....yep

Dragonfly

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thanks to you farkers on this outstanding forum, I discovered the Juicy Lucy and finally got around to giving it a whirl. Simple seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic, stuffed with onions, cheese, and Serrano peppers.
eda39bb0.jpg

Hope this photo doesn't show up "larger than life", been working on that issue from my appendage called an iPad. I resized it, but any sizing suggestions are definitely welcome!
By the way, I ate the whole thing.....

looks good, I never heard of them before until I saw one on Triple D with Guy one day and been wanting to try one.

We have 3 or 4 places down in Minneapolis & St. Paul that make them. There are 2 that stake the claim that they were the first to do it. I have yet to actually go try one at one of the establishments (Matts Bar & the 5-8 club). However I have made my own & they a tasty treat! Don't cook 'em to hot though, otherwise all that juicy goodness will blow out the side(bleu cheese mod) & make sure you seal them well. I think I know what I am making this thanksgiving weekend! :hungry:

im gonna have to try that.

is that like some hamburger?

O WAIT... now that i think of it... juicy lucy... i think i saw this on a tv show like a month ago! on man vs food!

there are 2 places that serve the 'original' and they battle it out. yep. that was it.

ya ill try that out. :thumb:

We have 3 or 4 places down in Minneapolis & St. Paul that make them. There are 2 that stake the claim that they were the first to do it. I have yet to actually go try one at one of the establishments (Matts Bar & the 5-8 club). However I have made my own & they a tasty treat! Don't cook 'em to hot though, otherwise all that juicy goodness will blow out the side(bleu cheese mod) & make sure you seal them well. I think I know what I am making this thanksgiving weekend! :hungry:

yes this was it. the show i saw. matts and 5-8. yep. those people didnt like each other. kinda like pats vs ginos when it comes to cheesesteaks.

I saw it on Man vs Food also, at Matt's and 5-8.

I made one for myself a couple of weeks ago, my wife and kids thought I was crazy til they saw me eating it. Mmmmmmmmm all that cheese slowly flowing out with every bite. Damn, I'm so hungry now!!!!!

Will be experimenting with different fillings in the future, I can see bacon being added for sure!!!!!

The Jucy Lucy at the 5-8 rocks! A couple of quick notes, if you go.
The 5-8 Club is 3.2 beer and setups.
You have to enter via the back door. The front door on the Cedar Av. frontage road is locked.
Be careful! The cheese in that thing is treacherously hot! A great way to seriously burn your mouth. Let it sit on the plate for awhile, then proceed
slowly until your comfortable.

Highly recommended!
:clap2:

Also tried these a few weeks ago after driving my wife crazy with talking about them. I didn’t add the onions/peppers to the stuffing. I’ll have to try that.

Those are a huge hit at our house.
We have been making them since we saw them on M.V.F.
I make them 1/2 pound with smoky provolone or pepperjack.

Back