MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Win a free BBQ temperature controller.

I need distributors or references in this forum.
If you are using Pitmaster Stoker GURU Auber, you can win a free sample.
If you have any interest, please post here.
We will select from all posts.
The winner needs to pay REAL shipping cost.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

the controller at www.heavymachine.us/probe
Old 09-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
razrbakcrzy
is one Smokin' Farker

Not using either of those but i am intrested in on of these for a home made smoker I have. I think it just might work excelent on it..
[FONT=Arial][B]Future Smoker [/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]$5438.25 Total BYC Smoker!![/FONT]

[SIZE=2]Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985 [/SIZE]
Old 09-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default You are welcomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbakcrzy View Post
Not using either of those but i am intrested in on of these for a home made smoker I have. I think it just might work excelent on it..
The highlights are
A:programmable. You can preset different temperatures for your smoker

B:PID output. It will control fan running slower or faster according to pit temperature tendency. result is very stable temperature. It is much better than a relay which simply turns on or off the fan. The later makes temperature fluctuation much higher.

C:Meat temperature driven pit fire. When meat temperature reaches to set point, the meat probe will take over the control of fire. In turn you are controlling doness of meat directly. I do not find any one else has this feature.

Price to you US$128, mail cost US$20. It includes controller, fan, and mounting flange. As a return, you need to write a report in the bbq-brethren.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #5
webby
Found some matches.

Default works awesome

I have one of these controllers and they work awesome. I like it alot better then the bbq guru I have. Very easy to use and program and very well built and you can also buy a weather proof box to mount the fan in and the controller. AWESOME great job on it woodpelletsmoker.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:39 PM   #6
bones64
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I use the auber on my wsm works well. currently in the process of building a new cooker I would love to try your controller for free! I just looked at them last night I also looked at the pellet burner conversion my new cooker will be like the fec 100 I was thinking of just adding a fire box until I seen that. what is the aprox. btu out put of that burner? my cook chamber is 30x30x55 I would love to try this out for you as well.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default We have given 20 pieces to various Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones64 View Post
I use the auber on my wsm works well. currently in the process of building a new cooker I would love to try your controller for free! I just looked at them last night I also looked at the pellet burner conversion my new cooker will be like the fec 100 I was thinking of just adding a fire box until I seen that. what is the aprox. btu out put of that burner? my cook chamber is 30x30x55 I would love to try this out for you as well.
I have given 20 pieces free or @$64 to various forums.
Promotional period is over.
Please read post just above yours, there is already one feedback
I expect many more feedbacks in 2 to 3 weeks.
Present price is US$128 for controller, blower, flange, and mail cost US$20
or US$138 for controller, blower, SS rain proof box, and mail cost US$40.
I do not know BTU, my burner is 6"x6"X20", it is big enough for an offset, grilling size 20"x24", single wall. If your smoker has double walls with heat insulator like FEC100, my burner is big enough. Indeed you most probably need to tune the blower output at 50% or less to have a small fire. Also I can send two BURNING ELEMENTS with different sizes, then you can have different BTU.
Also I have FEC100 type smoker, same size, double walls, and THICKER SS steel than FEC100, ex-works US$1000, sea freight and insurance to major international port is US$500. CIF US$1500. Even you pay inland shipping cost or import duty, it will be much cheaper
Old 09-19-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
Bama Q
On the road to being a farker

I would like to buy the burner only, together with digital thermostat and blower, Shipping the works. Total price to USA 35989
I have a Pit that I would like to convert to pellets
Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #9
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Price of Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Q View Post
I would like to buy the burner only, together with digital thermostat and blower, Shipping the works. Total price to USA 35989
I have a Pit that I would like to convert to pellets
Burner ,size 6"x6"X20", made from 3 mm stainless steel.
Price of burner US$100
Price of controller, blower US$118
Sea and Land mail cost US$60
total US$278
Payment by paypal to [email protected]
Old 10-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
TheOldMan
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default 12V DC Power

From what I can gather here, this unit requires a 12V battery to operate. Do you have available a 110 AC to 12V DC converter, and if not, what amperage power supply would be needed to operate the controller and 2 fans. Will the controller operate 2 fans? Can you operate a gas valve and a fan off the controller? Where can I get some insight on how to reprogram the temp and time settings?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #11
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default It is easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
From what I can gather here, this unit requires a 12V battery to operate. Do you have available a 110 AC to 12V DC converter, and if not, what amperage power supply would be needed to operate the controller and 2 fans. Will the controller operate 2 fans? Can you operate a gas valve and a fan off the controller? Where can I get some insight on how to reprogram the temp and time settings?
1.I use 12 V DC battery for safety reason. Yes you can use a 110/220V converter. You can buy converter locally.
2.Ampere is under 1. Fuse is 1.3 A
3. I do not use 2 fans, you can have a try. shall work.
4.The output is PID, i.e. various voltage 0-12 V. What is the purpose of gas valve.
5.You can check operation manual to understand it better http://www.heavymachine.us/probe/manual.htm
Program setting is very easy to do.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #12
Juanmoretime
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Temp Controller

I've done a lot of searching and reading and it looks like your unit is the winner. I will be ordering it soon and will be glad to report the findings back on this forum. Thank you for building a good looking unit at a fair price.
Have you had any problems with the heat sensor cables? This seems to be a problem with other units at times!

Thanks,
Juanmoretime
Old 10-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Thanks a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanmoretime View Post
I've done a lot of searching and reading and it looks like your unit is the winner. I will be ordering it soon and will be glad to report the findings back on this forum. Thank you for building a good looking unit at a fair price.
Have you had any problems with the heat sensor cables? This seems to be a problem with other units at times!

Thanks,
Juanmoretime
Sensor cable has a layer of high temperature plastic( I do not know the right English name), under it is braided stainless steel wire.
The sensor is arnoured inside a stainless steel tube.
Maximum temp. of sensor is 350C or 660F, and cable is 250C or 480F.