Charcoal Baskets

S

sigmasmokers

Can someone please help me out on the benefits to the Charcoal Basket Mod and how it works. I am considering buying one. Thanks and I can't wait to hear and see about everyone's Q adventures this weekend.

Steve

If you do a search for "basket" or "charcoal basket" you'll get plenty of hits! :D

Somewhere around here (maybe Files) is a comparison burn study done by some members.

Check the files section for modifications, templates, studies, etc. etc. etc.

The charcoal basket has been studied and discussed many, many time. The info is in the archives.

There is loads of thread in here about the basket. There is just one benefit to it. Sleep.. or spare time. The basket will give you a 4 to 6 hour unattended burn. some have gone as long as 8. There are several ways to do it, but the bottom line is you either load the basket 2/3 full left to right and then dump lit coals on the empty side, allowing for a horizontal/serpentine burn, Our just load it up evenly across the whole thing and dump some lit coals on top a-la Minion method. Both work, both give extended burns and you get some other stuff done. The basket we use here from BigAl/SpiceWine has removable dividers that allow you to section off and delay ignition. They can be used with kingsford or lump and just need some logs or chunks dispersed throughout.

Back