MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
River City Smokehouse
is One Chatty Farker

Exclamation New contest in Central Mo. Aug. 12-13 (Tuscumbia)

The Shrine Club in Tuscumbia, Mo. has just announced a first year sanctioned contest in Tuscumbia, Mo. Tuscumbia, Mo. is located 10 minutes away from Eldon, Mo on Hwy 52. As of now it will pay $1000 GC, $750 RGC, and will pay out 5 places in each category. Info and application will be available on the new website hopefully this week. I know they are striving for 100% CBJ. Reps will be Mike and Andrea McMillen. Entry fee is $150

There will be a kids Q and a backyard event as well. There will be a beer garden with live music friday and Saturday, lots of food available to the public. I am told the Shriners will be cooking and vending 5 hole hogs, fish, elk burgers, funnel cakes, etc for the public all you can eat for $20 a person. Each team gets 5 wrist bands. There is also supposed to be a bike show and poker run. There is 20 amp electricity available for sure on a first come basis. They are checking into 30 and 50 amp to see if it can be made available. I know the organizer wants to make this a annual event and is prepared to cater to the needs of the teams. 20 lbs of ice is provided free, and additional ice will be $2 per 10lb bag. I will post additional info to this thread as I learn it. Please help support this great event. ~Fitz

Contact Information:
Gary Shriner
Phone: 573-369-3379
[email protected]
Traeger Texas BBQ 075
UDS "Cool Hand Luke"
3 Weber Kettles and a Yellow Thermapen
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge #8425

Last edited by River City Smokehouse; 04-18-2011 at 01:52 PM..
River City Smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote