Pickin in the Panhandle, Hedgesville, WV - Sept. 5 & 6, 2008 ***Results Added***

QN

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
09/05/08
to
09/06/08 Pickin in the Panhandle Hedgesville, WV
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Any of you farkers planning to cook this one? It is being held at a campground and they already have around 20 teams so it is a qualifier since it is a first year sanctioned event.

We'll be there! It was a small unsanctioned contest last year and was a lot of fun. Plus you just can't beat Comps held at a camp ground. If you can make it you should consider it. (It's also the only BBQ comp in WV)

Tom

STill planning on doing this comp,,, won't know for sure till next week for sure if we can do it thou. sounds like a really nice venue for a comp thou. HOpefully we'll be there.

I will be there. I hear a lot of really nice things about the venue. I hope I get stuck next to those Drirty Rotten Stinkin' Pirates again, they are so much fun and great people to spend the weekend with.

I will be there. I hear a lot of really nice things about the venue. I hope I get stuck next to those Drirty Rotten Stinkin' Pirates again, they are so much fun and great people to spend the weekend with.

Those Dirty Rotten Stinkin' Pirates are in space 6 near the end.

Brett - my clogging shoes came in the mail Friday - got a pair to go with my pants!

Tom

I am planning to be there as a judge or table captain. Hope to meet some of you there on that Friday.

Hey QN

Stop in for a cold one when you get a chance! I'm cooking as "Stoddard and Brown" nowadays. It'll be great to see you again. Did this contest last year and it was a ball. Really looking forward to it.
-Andy aka NightHelp

The Backyard Burners will be there, we went last year and had a great time. We will be at site # 7 , stop over for a cold one.

I'm planning on going. Cat Sass wont be competing, just attending. I'm looking forward to meeting more of you guys.

Stop in for a cold one when you get a chance! I'm cooking as "Stoddard and Brown" nowadays. It'll be great to see you again. Did this contest last year and it was a ball. Really looking forward to it.
-Andy aka NightHelp

Thanks Andy. Looking forward to seeing you again. I should have kept a copy of the Sky Magazine issue for autograph material. I'm looking forward to meeting some different farkers from those who helped marinate me at Harpoon a few weeks ago.

I don't know where I'll be set up, but rest assured I'll find ya and those Pirates, and we are gonna toast....or is it get toasted?????:shock::shock:

Potr

POTR will be there! It will be great to see some old friends. Also we can celebrate or cry over who made it to the Jack or not.

POTR will be there! It will be great to see some old friends. Also we can celebrate or cry over who made it to the Jack or not.

Jack who? I hope we make it but with the situation at work either me or Christy or both will be looking for work if we make it. The way I look at it is I've had lots of jobs but I've never been invited to the Jack!

Look forward to seeing you there or are you just dropping the trailer off and letting the A Team cook for you?:-D

Tom

After getting 2 calls in new holland, I'm really looking forward to pickin' in the panhandle,, maybe we can keep up the good work,, and improve in other areas

just got a team list for WV here ya go:

backyard burners
gooney creek bbq
smokin gnome bbq
Philly Blind Pig bbq
B-n-bbq
JD's smokin misfits
Pot Belly bbq
Bovine and swine
Tarheel smokers
Pigs on the Run
Just smokin' around
VA bbq pirates
BMB's River City BBQ
The Pigs ear
Flying possum bbq
Cory McCain
BBQ Fanatics
Big Daddy's
Sweet Saviour-y bbq
Notorious BBQ
Chesapeake Duckside bbq
Wild Bill BQ
Crazy Lil's
Stoddard and Brown
Butt-A-Bing BBQ
Sloppy Dogs Bar-b-que
3 Eyez
My side of the mountain barbeque
Hog it up BBQ
Smokin' Mikez
The Crazy Rednecks BBQ
Buckshot BBQ
West Virginia Grillbillies
Dizzy Pigs
Smokin' Eddy's
Pandoras pit
JC's pitkrew
Chez Pavillion
Dirty Dicks and the legless Wonders
Big Creek BBQ
The Redneck Pitkrew
Cruzen to Que
Wood Chicks BBQ
Team Wild Hog
Smokin' Something'
Chicks in Charge

I hope I didn't miss any on the list,, looks like a great crowd.

Last edited:
Back