BBQ Brethren "New Years Traditions" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"New Years Traditions"[/size]
happy-new-year-2011-2.jpg

Anonymous image.

...as chosen by bluetang, the winner of the Ground Meat Throwdown!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/24 through Sunday 1/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Monday night 1/3. An extra day is being allotted for those who are out of town for the New Year.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Tuesday 1/4 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 1/7. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Treats for Santa Throwdown until Monday night 12/27 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the La Guerre de Pomme de Terre (Battle Potato) Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Sorry about posting this so late. I completely lost track of it!:redface:

Oh no, what are we going to do? It was posted so late that... we might have to show a New Year's cook.

Horrors. :rolleyes:

No, because I don't want all those other Brethren to put out a hit on me for causing something like that. :shocked:

Or worse yet, sticking me with the responsibility... :hand:

You're talking about the beer, right?

Actually, no, he's talking pig head, said something about touching it was supposed to bring good luck:shock:. My family always cooked up some ribs and black-eyed peas (Personally I like my family's tradition better)!

I can't wait to tell my wife that touching the hog's head will bring her good luck! Thanks Guerry!

Like so many, our tradition is black eyed peas. These are on my only true wood burner which is our buck stove insert. This shelf gets extremely hot and is excellent to cook on with cast iron. The best part, the wind didn't bother me at all. Happy New Year to all by brothers and sisters here!!!!

Attachments

• P1010034.jpg
    P1010034.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 99
Back