MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
AlwaysBulkin
Found some matches.

Default Building Propane Smoker Trailer, Need Thermostat

Hey, folks, I am in the process of building a smoker trailer and am having trouble finding a part or too. What I want to do is make this puppy entirely propane run and have only 12 volt parts controlling everything so I don't have electrical requirements. I want to have the propane burner controlled by a thermostat so it will turn it on and off. Getting a 12 volt propane solenoid is easy enough, but I'm having difficulty in locating a 12 volt thermostat that I can use for setting my temps and having it open and close the solenoid. Has anyone come across anything like this? Any help is truly appreciated.
AlwaysBulkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #2
AfraidOFire
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Honeywell T675A1102, remote temperature controller. Operating range 160° to 260° F. 20 foot capillary length. Temperature differential of 3° to 10°.

Probably not the best selection as the maximum sensor temp is 280°.

I would check with a Grainger or Johnstone Supply for a better match. The Most of these thermostats have a switch that is good for milli-volt to 120 volt operation.

Or try a restaurant equipment repair service.
AfraidOFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
AlwaysBulkin
Found some matches.

Awesome! Thank you very much.
AlwaysBulkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
grillzilla10
Full Fledged Farker

The only thought I have is go to a local camper dealer and ask what ya got?
grillzilla10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
Goingtothird
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

What state are u in and do u build smokers for business or just as a hobbylet me know please [email protected]
Goingtothird is offline   Reply With Quote