MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Sedalia, Missouri Blues & BBQ Festival (June 18-19)

OK, I'm a day early to actually be within 30 days but I'm really curious about this contest. The numbers of teams has been slowly dropping the last couple of years and that worries me. I've been at Sedalia for four straight years and I'm wanting this to be my fifth year there. Of course there was an issue or two we all know about last year and I'm hoping that didn't drive teams away this year. I have no doubt the problem has been handled. It wasn't with the organizer anyway. I've always enjoyed Sedalia for many reasons, even though we don't usually do real well there. Mostly I enjoy it because it's a great venue with TONS of space (you could literally have 100x100 if you wanted to walk a ways to turn-in. There is electric, water and sewer hookups at every site, showers are available and Chris is a really good organizer. So what's the general feelings about Sedalia this year? Who is planning on going this year? I hope everyone will support them and go back and maybe even start a trend of growing this event even bigger!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 AM   #2
Bunny
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
OK, I'm a day early to actually be within 30 days but I'm really curious about this contest. The numbers of teams has been slowly dropping the last couple of years and that worries me. I've been at Sedalia for four straight years and I'm wanting this to be my fifth year there. Of course there was an issue or two we all know about last year and I'm hoping that didn't drive teams away this year. I have no doubt the problem has been handled. It wasn't with the organizer anyway. I've always enjoyed Sedalia for many reasons, even though we don't usually do real well there. Mostly I enjoy it because it's a great venue with TONS of space (you could literally have 100x100 if you wanted to walk a ways to turn-in. There is electric, water and sewer hookups at every site, showers are available and Chris is a really good organizer. So what's the general feelings about Sedalia this year? Who is planning on going this year? I hope everyone will support them and go back and maybe even start a trend of growing this event even bigger!
If we hadn't already had contest the same weekend, Rich and I would have gladly repped this contest. We have always loved Chris Koetting and his volunteers. They are fantastic, organized and come through with whatever you need. Unfortunately it always hits on Frisco weekend and we love that one as well and have been with it for a long time. You will have great reps there this year, so go and enjoy.

Bunny

Old 05-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #3
spicewine
Babbling Farker

Everyone that I have spoken with is headed to Mexico this year. It's too bad because Sedalia is a good contest.

SPICEWINE IRONWORKS
Award Winning Smokers, Sauces and Spices
Columbia Missouri
www.spicewineironworks.com
PERFECT 180 CHICKEN 2011

1ST. PLACE PORK
AMERICAN ROYAL (OPEN) 2012

PERFECT SCORE180 IN RIBS 2013

BEST SAUCE IN THE WORLD ( BLUE COLLAR )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2009 & 2017

BEST RUB IN THE WORLD ( HEFFER DUST )
AMERICAN ROYAL 2007
MOFO Chapter
CISC Master BBQ Chef
spicewine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

We will be there cooking as MooCow and the exe-que-tioner. I have already sent in our money. We had a good time last year! We won't be down there till about 5 or 6 as we all have to work on Friday.
-[URL="http://www.moocowbbq.com"]www.moocowbbq.com[/URL]-
-Home of the Make it Take it Drum Class-
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-
moocow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicewine View Post
Everyone that I have spoken with is headed to Mexico this year. It's too bad because Sedalia is a good contest.
Jay, does that include you and Bellys?
KCBS Member #14287

Old 05-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
This Is How We Que It
On the road to being a farker

Go ahead and put us down for this one.
This Is How We Que It is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 11:07 AM   #7
paydabill
is one Smokin' Farker

I would love to do this contest or any this weekend - it is my only free weekend in June. Problem is my partner only has one free weekend as well (at the end of the month), I am booked that weekend.

Oh well sometimes the stars do not line up.
2 pellet cookers latter!
CBJ - love judging
KCBS - member for 4 years
MOFO Chapter

Super fast - BLUE Thermopen
paydabill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #8
Exe-que-tioner
On the road to being a farker

E-mailed Chris and asked if he knew of how many teams were entered to date. This was his reply:

Not sure how many entire in hand, will check tommorow at the meeting but my guess of # coming by verbal
Will be 30+- hopefully more as it gets closer
[I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=darkred][/COLOR][/FONT][/I][COLOR=darkred][COLOR=darkgreen][COLOR=darkslateblue][COLOR=black][B][COLOR=sienna]*[I]"STOKER" POWERED BACKWOODS CLONE*[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Exe-que-tioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
Solidkick

I love the venue and the teams that cook there. I had a problem with the kids Q comments at awards. We were set to cook it (the kids), but turn in times conflicted with chicken turn in, so we opted out of kids Q. The time got changed, but wasn't communicated ahead of time. We show up with no kids Q grills.

The Bellys will more than likely be looking at Mexico this year.....45 minutes closer to the house. But I will miss the large space and my friends!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidkick View Post
I love the venue and the teams that cook there. I had a problem with the kids Q comments at awards. We were set to cook it (the kids), but turn in times conflicted with chicken turn in, so we opted out of kids Q. The time got changed, but wasn't communicated ahead of time. We show up with no kids Q grills.

The Bellys will more than likely be looking at Mexico this year.....45 minutes closer to the house. But I will miss the large space and my friends!
Gary, I don't recall the comments on Kids Q at the awards... what was said? Also, how did the Kids Q conflict with chicken turn-in? Taylor had both categories done and in before we started as I recall. Would sure love to see you at Sedalia again, my brother!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #11
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Gary, I don't recall the comments on Kids Q at the awards... what was said? Also, how did the Kids Q conflict with chicken turn-in? Taylor had both categories done and in before we started as I recall. Would sure love to see you at Sedalia again, my brother!
I'll PM you..no need to take out front....

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #12
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

Anyone else?
-kCBS/ CBJ-
- Stoker powered stainless steel cabinet smoker-Mini & 3 Regular UDS-[B][COLOR=Blue]BLUE [/COLOR][/B]Weber OTG-Saffire ceramic grill-26" plow disc-Green mountain pellet -16' Stealth Competition trailer-

Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #13
Jeff_in_KC

We're still not gonna commit to this event until we know 30 have signed up and paid. Word of mouth isn't gonna work for us with our tight schedule.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 06-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #14
beam boys bbq
is one Smokin' Farker

jeff i am comming and my brother in law the whole family is comming i need the app i have been e mailing chris and no responce my fax # is 636-239-0989 if you could pass it on to him i will get the check sent out
we would like to come up thr night and stay tilll sunday morning
that is where i stand
beam boys bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
moocow
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam boys bbq View Post
jeff i am comming and my brother in law the whole family is comming i need the app i have been e mailing chris and no responce my fax # is 636-239-0989 if you could pass it on to him i will get the check sent out
we would like to come up thr night and stay tilll sunday morning
that is where i stand
Here is the website mobluesandbbq.com. Don't think you can stay Thursday night, we tried that last year. Here is the entry form.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2010entry(2).pdf (93.8 KB, 4 views)
-kCBS/ CBJ-