Roll Call. Inside 30 days. The Great American Barbecue 5/22-5/24

Bayou Style BBQ will be there... I am a little concerned with the lay-out. There are not a lot of flat surfaces in this parking lot... I called to request a location (not just a spot) and it sounded like they are having issues meeting everyone's requests! :|

Either way, it's going to be a, lot of fun! Can't wait to see all my BBQ friends, again! :-D

Well, I guess we're in (Sloppy Creek). I emailed a scanned copy of our entry to Tracy a week and a half ago and asked for confirmation because I didn't mail or fax it. I didn't feel comfortable faxing my credit card number. I never got a confirmation so on the deadline day (a week ago today), I went online and completed the online entry and printed the receipt with entry ID number as it said to do but instead of including my credit card number, I wrote on it that my credit card number is in Tracy's email. Still no confirmation and after nearly two weeks, no debit has come out of my account.

Jeff, call them to find out what's going on. I know of another team that had issues getting their stuff too. I'm not sure if they get their info from KCBS or each competition (for the Invitational), but seems as if some comps were missing from the list the GAB is using.

I'll be bringing the Q'chin out on Thursday evening and drinking - err, cooking with Woodfellas (tboneld on here) - they won in Ankeny IA last year. Word is that he might have some extra Templeton Rye around to quench a thirst.

Jeff, call them to find out what's going on. I know of another team that had issues getting their stuff too. I'm not sure if they get their info from KCBS or each competition (for the Invitational), but seems as if some comps were missing from the list the GAB is using.

I'll be bringing the Q'chin out on Thursday evening and drinking - err, cooking with Woodfellas (tboneld on here) - they won in Ankeny IA last year. Word is that he might have some extra Templeton Rye around to quench a thirst.

I have called Tracy and left messages three times since last week. Yeah, apparently we weren't on the original list for the Invitational either, probably because of a combined team name that wasn't a "registered" name with KCBS. I was REALLY impressed with the GAB the first two years. Last year and so far this year... not so much. I hope it gets better.

I have called Tracy and left messages three times since last week. Yeah, apparently we weren't on the original list for the Invitational either, probably because of a combined team name that wasn't a "registered" name with KCBS. I was REALLY impressed with the GAB the first two years. Last year and so far this year... not so much. I hope it gets better.

Seems strange - you got your American Royal packet no problem right?

Who is exactly responsible to notify invitational contests of GC winners ? KCBS? The organizer?

We won't be going....sniff sniff....Belly Bro's son graduates that weekend...we won't miss that...we'll just have to qualify again.....

Jeff... I had the same problem when I called... No one would answer and no return phone calls! I got in touch with Lee Messinger and he gave me a different phone number to try... I will PM you with the number!

I know there is a lot going on with the change in location; however, there are no excuses for not returning phone calls...IMO! :icon_pissed

Jeff... I had the same problem when I called... No one would answer and no return phone calls! I got in touch with Lee Messinger and he gave me a different phone number to try... I will PM you with the number!

I know there is a lot going on with the change in location; however, there are no excuses for not returning phone calls...IMO! :icon_pissed

I got a reply to my email but nothing I wanted to hear... "Tracy has not received your email entry or credit card info through email". WHATEVER!!! :mad: So I forwarded the original email sent almost two weeks ago! We'll see but I'm losing patience quickly.

I got a reply to my email but nothing I wanted to hear... "Tracy has not received your email entry or credit card info through email". WHATEVER!!! :mad: So I forwarded the original email sent almost two weeks ago! We'll see but I'm losing patience quickly.

I'm sorry Jeff... that sucks! The only reason I know that we are in, I gave my CC info over the net!?! If anything, how about you come cook with us and we will call the team: Big Bayou BBQ... Kinda like Rodney, Ted and I did 2 years ago at Atchison: Two fat guys and a Ted...

Back