• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Guru to UDS

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have 2 - 3/4" male nipples and a 3/4" female valve on my UDS that I need to get a Guru attached to somehow this weekend.

It's not my Guru and it's only for this one time, so I don't really want to pay the $25 for the adapter from Guru.

Just wondered if anyone has made it work without the "official" adapter?

What is the outlet on the Guru like now? I tried to google it but I get all sorts of possibilities. For my controller I used a dishwasher hose which fits perfectly on the 3/4" nipple. Both ends are rubber so you might get that to work. Worst case you might need a little duct tape or another cheap adapter fitting.

Yeah, I figured I'd just get a female to female threaded adapter and just tape it to seal it up if nothing else.

My buddy who has the Guru just sent me photos. The fitting on the fan looks like it's smooth and about 1 1/4" in diameter. He's gonna get me measurements.

A roll of Arkansas Chrome is always a good thing :thumb: Plus, this isn't rocket surgery. Some minor leaks are probably tolerable.

Yup, just use that sticky metal tape. Works great. Unless you want to fuss with a welder....

I would spend the $25 in case you ever need it again you will have it.

Yeah, but I need it by Saturday. Can't imagine it would happen that quick.
Plus it's not my Guru and I really can't see ever buying one.

To anyone who owns a GURU.....can you tell me the O.D. of the fan "snout" that would fit into the adapter?

I used 2 chop sticks like making a splint, wrapped it in the cardboard tube from a paper towel, up against the ball valve and wrapped it with electrical tape.

I think what Stumps use to sale was a 1 1/2 to 1 electrical reducing bushing that screw into the ball valve. I have one at home, can get pictures later.

Aluminum foil, wire or chopsticks, and then duct tape. Slide it off when you are done, cut a slit if needed. Save it if you think you might need it again. If you slit it, you can always use more tape to reattach it.

The end of the snout is 1.210 or just about 1 7/32. What I had on my UDS was a 1 1/2 x 3/4 black pipe bell reducer and a 1 1/2 x 1 electrical reducing bushing, work real good.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Back