Awesome cupholder mod.

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I found this on Amazon:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shoreline-Marine-Drink-Holder-Brass/dp/B004LR9R16/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359865758&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=marine+shoreline+cupholder"]Amazon.com: Shoreline Marine Drink/Mug Holder C/P Brass: Sports & Outdoors[/ame].

It was delivered, and I found that the plastic mounting bracket was missing. Emailed them, and got a response in 2 hours. They offered a 40% discount or return/replace the item. I accepted the discount, and sawed off the rivet that held one piece of the plastic mounting gizmo in place. Screwed it onto my EggCrate and it was good to go (well almost - i also attached a small wodden "stop" because it would swing in too far with a cup in it).

In action, cradling some Balvenie 15.
IMAG1287_zps383b447c.jpg

It can hold a beer bottle (includes a beer koozie) and has a slot to accommodate the handle of your favorite coffee mug. Its a simple thing, but don't have to hunt for a place to put my drink down now!

Do they make one in Super Deep? That looks like a shot glass!:laugh:

i've had one for about 15 years. was gonna put it on my motorcycle but never got around to it. but you mounted it solid to the table. how is it gonna swivel in a hurricane or earthquake ?

i've had one for about 15 years. was gonna put it on my motorcycle but never got around to it. but you mounted it solid to the table. how is it gonna swivel in a hurricane or earthquake ?

In the event of a hurricane, I won't need a glass, coz I'll be drinking straight from the bottle!

Back