MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 AM   #286
redrum801
Got rid of the matchlight.

Any progress on this app ?? I thought it was supposed to be out by April ? Was told they had got tied up in another project , but we're almost ready to submit it to apple . Holding off on buying a cyber q until there an app for it on iPhone .
redrum801 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2013, 11:49 PM   #287
redrum801

I emailed the developers of the iPhone app and they say it'll be available soon , there just hammering out some final details to make it as easy as possible to set-up and configure ...

Old 05-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #288
supercazzola
Found some matches.

That is an app I'd gladly pay for, but if they're looking for beta testers, kindly pass my name to them

Old 05-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #289
tedwinters
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post
I emailed the developers of the iPhone app and they say it'll be available soon , there just hammering out some final details to make it as easy as possible to set-up and configure ...
Thanks for the update.. I've been waiting hopefully for months! :D And now it's bbq season!
tedwinters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #290
redrum801

Sent another email and looks like well have to wait some more :( .. Here's what I got ..

The app should be done soon, we had to send the Wifi Guru back and are now waiting to finalize some testing once the device comes back.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #291
Budha Mangus
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

FYI, The Tappecue is ready for market and taking advanced orders to be delivered before Father's Day. I have been working with an advanced unit for some time and prefer this unit over the CyberQ Wifi as this works with my mobile hot spot and my CyberQ did not work with the mobile hotspot. And there is a Apple phone and iPAD app developed as well as Android. There is also a feature where the system will email you an output for each of your sessions. There is a special offer ($149 vrs the regular price of $199 starting June 1) for orders placed before May 31st. If interested go to this link and order yours http://www.innovating-solutions.com/...05f65-52163929
Budha Mangus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2013, 01:35 PM   #292
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

What size blowers does this unit have available? Does it have some advanced features such as ramp mode etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budha Mangus View Post
FYI, The Tappecue is ready for market and taking advanced orders to be delivered before Father's Day. I have been working with an advanced unit for some time and prefer this unit over the CyberQ Wifi as this works with my mobile hot spot and my CyberQ did not work with the mobile hotspot. And there is a Apple phone and iPAD app developed as well as Android. There is also a feature where the system will email you an output for each of your sessions. There is a special offer ($149 vrs the regular price of $199 starting June 1) for orders placed before May 31st. If interested go to this link and order yours http://www.innovating-solutions.com/...05f65-52163929

Old 05-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #293
Gnomatic
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
What size blowers does this unit have available? Does it have some advanced features such as ramp mode etc.?
From what I'm reading this Tappecue unit is a temperature monitoring device, rather just a temp control device. So no fan control.

Last edited by Gnomatic; 05-30-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Gnomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #294
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Do you mean the opposite maybe? It's a temperature monitoring not temperature control device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomatic View Post
From what I'm reading this Tappecue unit is a temperature control device, rather just a temp monitoring device. So no fan control.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:49 PM   #295
Gnomatic
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtreefrb View Post
Do you mean the opposite maybe? It's a temperature monitoring not temperature control device.
woops, thanks for the edit LOL
Gnomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #296
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Looks like an interesting unit but it's not a replacement for the Cyber-Q Wifi. Tappecue is a wifi thermometer, not a temperature control system.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #297
tedwinters
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum801 View Post
Sent another email and looks like well have to wait some more :( .. Here's what I got ..

The app should be done soon, we had to send the Wifi Guru back and are now waiting to finalize some testing once the device comes back.
Damn - I wonder why they had to send it back? Maybe it was just a 6 month demo or something...

Old 06-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #298
tedwinters
Found some matches.

Quote:
Add blower control, and this could be an interesting unit!

Old 06-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #299
JABBQ
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedwinters View Post
Add blower control, and this could be an interesting unit!
I think so too. A Pro version of the Tappecue is on the drawing board with temperature "control" options to be able to control a fan as well as an interface for a pellet control. However, right now you will have to use your wife/kid/neighbor/pet to control the temp if you're using the Tappecue and are away from the smoker. What other smoker setups is there interest in and what other features are wanted?
JABBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #300
Mccaf
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I have the cyberQ wi fi and was able to get into infrastructure mode after some support.
Sure is easier to access the pages from iPhone or ipad or desktop vs ad hoc mode!

My question is: Is anyone here able to access your home LAN from outside to monitor and set the CyberQ? I need some schooling on that. I also can't get the email function to work and have followed the tuts here. I am using an AirPort Extreme as my router. Any help appreciated.
Mccaf is offline   Reply With Quote