• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brew&Cue

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am sooo looking forward to digging deep into this board to see what all you great bbq'ers have been doing. just thought I would share a bit of myself before I dig in.

I've been grilling and/or smoking meat for over 30 years but its only been the last 10 - 15 that I have realized that its more of an art than just firing up a bunch of Kingsford and throwing the meat on. It's always been charcoal and wood, I have never owned a gas grill, and mostly on Weber Kettles and Smokey Joes.

Lately I have had access to a custom 40 X 30 charcoal and wood burner owned by the company I work for but that has only gotten my blood boiling for a trailer rig like a customized Lang. Right now my ideal rig would be a combo smoker, chargrill and shelf for 4 - 6 14" cast iron dutch ovens for the ultimate tailgate.

I also have been home brewing for 18 years so of course, my favorite times are when brew and 'que are served together!

Welcome aboard Brew&Cue, glad to have you as a fellow Brethren here.

Don't be afraid to look around and explore the other forums.

I hope to see you in the Q-Talk forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

Welcome from a neighbor to the north!

Sounds like a LANG Hybrid might meet most of your requirements~! Mine has a smoking chamber with a charcoal chamber on the front. Not sure where you would put your dutch oven, but I'm sure it would fit in there somewhere!

Good luck and enjoy the forum!

Back