Beans and First ABT's

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
The temp was supposed to get into the 40's today so decided to try some beans and ABT's. I was also going to do my first fattie, but ran out of room on the smoker.

Anyway, smoker is up to temp and should be done in a couple of hours. Will post more pics later, but here are some before photos (hope this works :-D)..............

ABT's and beans (lower rack)
038.jpg

ABT's
037.jpg

Last edited:
Remember one of our rules! There is always room for a fatty!

Those look good. Can't wait for the finished pictures. What kind of beans?

Come and get 'em! :-D

The ABT's turned out great. Neighbors love them. Definately will be a staple at contests and weekly bbq's.

Beans were ok. The receipe turned out to be more of a meal itself, not just a side dish. Taste was still good and had a nice heat at the end.

Always nice to get back out and do some cooking. :-D

firstabts.jpg

beans.jpg

Nice lookin ABT's. Next time give me a call before those are done!! I can be in Ankeny in 15 minutes :smile:

Yum-o! I'm still two hours from dinner. Why am I looking at pictures of food?

Bean Receipe

1 lb hamburger - cooked and drained
1/2 lb sausage - cooked and drained
8 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
4 - 15 oz can of Pork and Beans - drained
6 oz honey
12 oz bbq sauce
1 1/2 cups chopped onion - raw
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp tabasco
1 tsp dried mint

mix all together and cook on smoker for about 2 hours at 225. since everything is really already cooked, except the onion, you can vary the time if you want. i was cooking the abt's for about 2 hours so i figured i'd do the same for the beans. i also let the grease from the abt's drip into the beans. :-D:-D:-D

i used head country original sauce for the bbq sauce.

the beans eat more like a meal than a side dish and have a nice, small bit of heat at the end.

Back