MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
pdxRandy
Got Wood.

Question Pork Country Ribs cooking suggestions

Title says it all. I have 4.5# of boneless pork country ribs. Too be honest I don't know how to cook in the electric oven let alone in the WSM. Some help and suggestions? Please.

I am going to fill the rack space with JD fatties and if I have room some more pig candy.

I have a new found love for BLTs with fresh tomatoes from my garden and pig candy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg country ribs 9-26 003.jpg (40.4 KB, 65 views)

Old 09-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
MOS95B
is one Smokin' Farker

The Missus picks those up all the time. Very versatile chunks of pork. I've grilled them and smoked them.

In the middle of winter, when it's too friggin cold for a Texas boy like me to be outside that long, I sprinkle some rub on them and thrown them in the oven at 250-350 (depending on how much time I'm willing to spend) until tender. Almost passes as BBQ (better than Applebees for sure).

The Missus will sear them in a butter/olive oil mix until they're a bit crispy on the outside, and then finish in the oven, kind of like pork chops.
MOS95B is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Markbb
is Blowin Smoke!

All your ribs are is a cutup butt and they are really good on the smoker.....depending on the cookers temp determines your cooking time...I prefer a 275 temp for as long as in takes for a tender rib...
Markbb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
River City Smokehouse
is One Chatty Farker

When I do the country style ribs I grill them until they have color and then I throw them into the FEC100 and let them finish for around 2-3 hrs.
Traeger Texas BBQ 075
UDS "Cool Hand Luke"
3 Weber Kettles and a Yellow Thermapen
KCBS Certified BBQ Judge #8425
River City Smokehouse is offline   Reply With Quote