Ribs: My first smoke

DaveMW

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Thanks to the advice of contributors on various threads I have now entered the world of smoking. I put some ribs in the smoker wearing a dry rub with an occasional squirt of apple juice. After hours of anticipation to see if I'd have dry hard meat scraps or edible ribs I am happy to report that I nailed it. Pron posted below. I combined the ribs with some homemade cornbread and some Crash Potatoes which one of the Brethren had posted a link to. Oh and there were some New Belgium Brewery Fat Tires involved too. They ribs looked great from the outside and when I cut between the bones I was thrilled to see that nice pink smoke ring working its way from the outside in towards the middle. The ribs stayed perfectly moist and were grabbed up and consumed in a flash. I think only four or five bones ever saw sauce, they just didn't need any.

Attachments

• Whole.jpg
    Whole.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 77
Wow, those looks great! Did my first ribs last week and they turned out not-so-good. I'd love to hear how you did yours.

They're upside down? The bones look good :-D

They're upside down? The bones look good :-D

Ron - I was ready to cut them apart and dig in when I remembered to snap a photo. Just forgot to flip them over. Here is a photo of the ribs (one half right sight up) and the chicken I had on the Weber kettle. Also included a photo of the juicy ribs cut apart. The photo makes it look under cooked but I can promise that it is just the lighting in the photo.

Attachments

• Platter.jpg
    Platter.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Cut.jpg
    Cut.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 59
Wow, those looks great! Did my first ribs last week and they turned out not-so-good. I'd love to hear how you did yours.

I took step by step notes on everything I did, the temps, vent positions, air temp, wind, etc. I will send that info along in a couple days to see if it holds any info you can use.

Back