• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New Central Missouri Contest Proposed

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We had a meeting today of our local Beta Beta Que BBQ Society and a proposal came up of a contest to replace the Brain Injury Assn. contest that has moved to Pleasant Hill.

Proposed dates will be Oct. 10Th and 11Th, 2008, to be held at the Bass Pro Shops parking lot in Columbia MO, to benefit the Central Missouri Humane Society.

We will begin the steps of filing the necessary contest paperwork and getting the Governor's proclamation to make this a KCBS sanctioned event.

Contest organizers will be Aimee Olmstead, Jamey Johnson, and Mike McMillen, with input and support from the Beta Beta Que Society.

More to come as we proceed through the steps to organize and make this proposal a reality.

So.....for now, hold those dates open in October 2008!

Thanks for your past support of the BIA contest in Central Missouri, which was held in October. We'd love to see as many Brethren compete as possible at our new contest as we try to make a contribution back into our community to benefit the Central Missouri Humane Society.

Battle of the BBQ MOFO's?

You know it! We hope to continue to get the support of teams like Great Grills, Munchin' Hogs @ the Hilton, Bubba and Jeff, and countless others too many to mention to come into the backyard of some of Central Missouri's best cooks and continue to put their best Q up against ours.

As Jay would say "You better bring your A game!" :mrgreen:

Proposed dates will be Oct. 10Th and 11Th, 2008, to be held at the Bass Pro Shops parking lot in Columbia MO, to benefit the Central Missouri Humane Society.

Will this be the weekend after the Royal?

- "Why has the BIF contest moved?"

- "Will this be the weekend after the Royal?"

The "Brain Injury BBQ" moved the Pleasent Hill in April to try to drum up support, and spread exposure of their to cause to different areas of the Mid West.

And yes, it is the weekend after the "Royal".

We hope to engage at least as many teams, if not more, than were at the "BIA" this year.
As you all know, Bass Pro Shop is a great venue, and the "Humane Society" is a very worthy cause, and very much in need of our support. Anyone that has a pet should should realize the need for helping places like this.
Beta Beta Que Society has adopted the "Central Missouri Humane Society" as our benefactor for 2008. We hope you all will support our efforts with us as BBQ Brethren.
We hope to see you all here.

Like Jamey said BIA of Missouri has changed venue primarily to spread awareness throughout the state. We have chosen to move west to help promote our effort. However, the teams in Central MO would like to see this comp replaced, thus Jamey came up with the idea of having a benefit for the Central Humane Society. Jamey asked if I would help organize, which I couldn't say no, and Bass Pro is wanting another competition at their location. It makes for a great marriage so-to-speak. We have a company willing to host at their location, and the time of the competition is awesome given the fact that it essentially is the last comp in Central MO for the year, yet the first for the new year, in the fact that if you win you get your invitation to the American Royal for the following year.

I think Columbia has proven that we can host great contests, with top quality competitors, and the venues are extremely attractive. With that said Central Humane Society is a great organization to promote, and help. Beta Beta Que is dedicated to insuring the success of this competition, and help raise money for this worthy cause. I am extremely excited to be involved with this competition Jamey and I again will make it fun for all with a level playing field. I look forward to seeing everyone there and we will keep everyone posted with the progress we are making. We would all appreciate your support. Thanks so much!

The naming of the contest is up for grabs. All you MOFO's need to submit what you think the contest name should be.

Spice Says-----Beta Beta Que Battle of the Brethren.

Seeing how it is for the Humane Society---- We'll do it DOGGY STYLE!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Oh you're killing me. Momma's bday that weekend.

But if it's a MOFO Brethren Battle...I'm in. Fark Ma!

The naming of the contest is up for grabs. All you MOFO's need to submit what you think the contest name should be.

Spice Says-----Beta Beta Que Battle of the Brethren.

Seeing how it is for the Humane Society---- We'll do it DOGGY STYLE!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

1st Annual Battle of the Beta Beta Belly MOFO Spicewine Brethren TBAGR Doggy Style BarBeQue & Wet T-Shirt Contest

Presented by Bass Pro & Jim Beam

Any of you guys members of the Humane Society? I like what they do for the shelters for the MOST part but they have "PETA-style" tendencies as well. I've always proceded with caution with them. If you can dictate what part of their programs your fund raising can go towards specifically, it might be a plus. i.e. the money goes specifically to the local animal shelters.

Alright I half way hate to do this, but the one and only piece of information that I remember from college is that First Annual ain't right. Yall, it ain't annual til da second year.

Any of you guys members of the Humane Society? I like what they do for the shelters for the MOST part but they have "PETA-style" tendencies as well. I've always proceded with caution with them. If you can dictate what part of their programs your fund raising can go towards specifically, it might be a plus. i.e. the money goes specifically to the local animal shelters.

This contest is benefitting the Central Mo Humane Society. All of the funds that we raise for them will stay here at the local level to help with the animals in this area. HSUS will not see any of these funds from us.
The local shelters here do a great job with what they have, but are bearly keeping their head above water.

This contest is benefitting the Central Mo Humane Society. All of the funds that we raise for them will stay here at the local level to help with the animals in this area. HSUS will not see any of these funds from us.
The local shelters here do a great job with what they have, but are bearly keeping their head above water.

+1

The Central Missouri Humane Society (CMHS) is a private, not-for-profit shelter founded in 1943 in Columbia, MO.

It is not affiliated with the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), a lobbying group for animal rights founded in 1954 in Washington, DC.

CMHS provides local adoption services, spay & neuter services, lost pet recovery, education programs about pet training, and euthanasia services for injured and sick animals. Their most visible role is as a homeless animal shelter.

CMHS serves 22 counties in Mid-Missouri and is funded by donations (no tax funding on any level). They are uninvolved in public policy.

Back