QN4U Brent Walton passes

Thanks for letting us know, Thom.

I never met Brent but his reputation is as a great cook and nice guy. I'm saddened by the loss and we'll keep his family in our thoughts.

This is very sad news. Brent competed and did vending last weekend in Vegas. I stopped by to chat with him about it last Friday. I got to hear a bunch of his stories just a couple months back at the CBBQA Q-Fest. He built the foundation of BBQ in California, and he will be missed by many.

Prayers and thoughts to his family. RIP Brent!

My very first professional class was in Phoenix by Brent and Kim. A nicer pair of folks would be hard to find. I still have my diploma and the nice hand out they made that covers all meats and pointers for each. Even have my crappy scores from the mini comp they ran for us the same weekend...

I'm sorry to hear this and prayers out for the family.

I am deeply saddened by this news.Brent was a great man,mentor,teacher,and friend,he will be sadly missed by all:sad: RIP bbq brother......

Completely floored when we got the news. We were just with him last weekend and while stressed we certainly didn't see that coming!
Our condolences to his wife,family and crew he will definitely be missed! We're thankful we got to spend some time with him, may he rest in peace.

Definitly a Shock! Brent & Kim's 1st contest was our 2nd. He was even cooking on a Traeger way back then...My prayers go out to Kim and the Walton family.

A very sad day. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Kim and the Walton family.

My fondest memories of Brent are when he and Kim donated all of their leftover BBQ to us in Scottsdale and Havasu to be sold as People's Choice. Their generous donations made a lot of $ for a very worthy charity.

The world has lost an amazing BBQ mind and an even better person.

A sad day for bbq...our thoughts are with his family...

I can't tell you enough how much this hurts me. My prayers go out to Kim and the whole family.
We had so much fun over the years, so many laughs, so many tears.
Brent, it's an honor to call you my friend. You were a good man...a real good man. Give a big hug to Monica for me. I will see you both again sometime.

This was posted on the PNWBA forum:
upnsmokin
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2012 : 08:01:51
The end of a BBQ legacy is here. This coming Sunday will be the last day for the QN4U BBQ House.
Kim is hoping for a full house this weekend so if your in the area please stop by.
QN4U will still exist doing catering and hopefully returning to the competition world soon (we will see)
I would like to thank Kim for everything she has done for me over the past 10 years. Without there help and guidance i would not have become friends with so many of you guys being i would not have discovered competition BBQ.
UPNSMOKIN
Custom Smoked Meats
Brett Schreyer

Smokin on a modified Diamond Plate Fat 50, 4-22"WSM's,3-Treager 075, Caja China model 2

Back