Smoke-Pak Cold Smoke Generator

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Finally completed testing of my cold smoke generator and decided to build one specifically for one of my BUFORD drums.

Not sure if I'm going to ever do any cold smoking with it but I like the idea that I can control the amount and duration of the smoke, etc. when q'uing ribs, brisket, etc.

smopepakbuford3.jpg

smokepak1.jpg

smokepak.jpg

29097676.jpg

Looks really good!:cool: Looks kind of like a Smoke Daddy in a way. Congrats on the success!:thumb:

You are a craftsman!! Good looking piece, and I don't even know what I'm looking at! LOL... Really, just stating to look into cold smoke, so interesting to see your unit. Great job, as usual, and it accessorizes Buford nicely.... :becky:

Looks really good!:cool: Looks kind of like a Smoke Daddy in a way. Congrats on the success!:thumb:

Thanks, and good eye! I saw a Smoke Daddy and I thought there were a few things I could change to make work better for me.

1. Quick connect to the drum
2. All lids stay on the smoke generator - hinged bottom - pivot top
4. Eye bolt to grab when removing or moving while warm.
3. Optional legs to set on the floor//ground for low profile cold smoker (Homer bucket or others)

You are a craftsman!! Good looking piece, and I don't even know what I'm looking at! LOL... Really, just stating to look into cold smoke, so interesting to see your unit. Great job, as usual, and it accessorizes Buford nicely.... :becky:

Thanks! It will work with any UDS just fine. I also saw someone on here had one hooked up to a Homer bucket so I added legs to the Smok-Pak

It is a great device, and it should work wonders too...Way to go man!!!

Thanks!

Outstanding craftmanship! How about welding some wing nuts on the top of your legs to make adjusting the height easier? But then they couldn't be removed completely, and the optional isn't quite optional anymore...Just a thought...you could do it, or just tell me to shut up! :becky:

Very slick unit. When smoking, do you get moisture and resin build up in the bottom? Reason I am asking is that I made smoke daddy type out of a small SCUBA tank years ago, and after every cook the thing was filled up with this nasty, thick resin. Tried everything to fix it, but finally gave up and moved on.

Very slick unit. When smoking, do you get moisture and resin build up in the bottom? Reason I am asking is that I made smoke daddy type out of a small SCUBA tank years ago, and after every cook the thing was filled up with this nasty, thick resin. Tried everything to fix it, but finally gave up and moved on.

Yes, there is a build up but it really doesn't affect the performance of the Smoke-Pak, so far.
Afetr the firdt couple of runs, I have cleaned it with some BBQ cleaners, Purple power auto grease cleaner. Cleans right up.

+1

May be a stupid question but what is the heating element?

I love this forum!

At first I just stoked cherry, apple, hickory chips only. Had to watch and maintain the fire.

After the first couple of tests, I decided to beak up a Kingsford self lighting briquette and used that as the base fire to keep the chips smoldering.

Great looking device there. I'm about to build one myself! I'd love to see the inside if you don't mind.

Cheers

Back