Putting Green garnish

Gerrit_Boys

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I made my first ever practice box last weekend and it had my first ever putting green garnish. When I removed the meat from the box, little pieces of parsley were sticking to the bottom. Is there any way to keep that from happening or is that just kinda the norm? Would a judge score you down for that? They sure looked pretty!!

They shouldn't score down on that..but try to pack the parsley in tighter it seems to help.

I do know that it happens all the time... My concern is what happens to the taste score if the judge misses one that is still stuck to the meat and it's included in the bite... Could result in a MAJOR change in the flavor...

Just sayin....

I don't concern myself with it. Judges are asked not to judge down for it. Sure it could get judged down, but I think the pros of the parsley greens outweigh the cons.

...and not to muddy the waters, but one time when I was short of quality parsley I built boxes with lettuce in the middle under the meat, and got an appreciative comment card for it!

Parsley all over your sample is a pain in the ass!! But it is just the BBQ judging business.
No harm, no foul, no points deducted.
Ed

I made my first ever practice box last weekend and it had my first ever putting green garnish. When I removed the meat from the box, little pieces of parsley were sticking to the bottom. Is there any way to keep that from happening or is that just kinda the norm? Would a judge score you down for that? They sure looked pretty!!

Agree with everyone else! See you in Huron Friday!

Back