MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Question Which WLAN Temperature Controller?

I tried to read up on that topic, but I completely lost oversight. All I ever thought about, was an iQ 110, nothing more sophisticated, but since it's a long way down to my cooking area from my home office in the 2nd floor, it would be nice to be able to check and control the temperature controller from my work place (specially because my Maverick also does not work that far, which is why I always have to let the receiver stay at the ground floor, and I then have to run down to check what's going on once the alarm goes on).

Can anybody with the knowledge or who already researched that matter list the available temperature controllers that are accessible over WLAN?

Is there a WLAN accessible temperature controller with food and grate probes as well?

It really is time that I order a temperature controller, because now that it is getting real cold outside, it gets harder and harder to keep my WSM in the target temperature range (huge influence of sunshine hitting the WSM if outside temp is low).

Old 10-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
BossHogg
Got Wood.

I use a stoker with my WSM. The Black Box stoker allows you to control all the settings/functions from your PC or tablet. As long as you have internet access at your workstation, it doesn't matter how far away you are.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
I use a stoker with my WSM. The Black Box stoker allows you to control all the settings/functions from your PC or tablet. As long as you have internet access at your workstation, it doesn't matter how far away you are.
Stoker has the most options in my opinion.

If there is something better I would like to know. The only drawback to the Stoker is the wait time, as they are built as ordered. But all good things are worth waiting for.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Two Bears
Full Fledged Farker

I just ordered the BBQ GURU CyberQ wifi and can't wait to try her out.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #5
ubp_sanity
Knows what a fatty is.

I've just got myself a CyberQ WiFi as well, only got it last week, but I've used it about 4 times now. Once I got the fan damper sorted out, it works great. It has 4 temp probes, 1 pit temp and 3 food temp.

Smoking a Turkey Fatty right now for Thanksgiving (Canada) dinner later today.
ubp_sanity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Ok, just took a look at The BBQ Guru website, the CyberQ Wifi is promising, but the set for the WSM comes at a price of $446.30 incl. shipping to Austria.

Ever seen any coupon code that can be entered at the order confirmation page?

Old 10-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubp_sanity View Post
I've just got myself a CyberQ WiFi as well, only got it last week, but I've used it about 4 times now. Once I got the fan damper sorted out, it works great. It has 4 temp probes, 1 pit temp and 3 food temp. Smoking a Turkey Fatty right now for Thanksgiving (Canada) dinner later today.
So five cooks within one week? You got to be quite busy...

Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #8
Funtimebbq
Full Fledged Farker

One of the great features of the Stoker System is, only one controller is needed to operate several smokers. Simply order additional fans and pit probes and your good to go. If you have thoughts about expanding to more smokers, Stoker is the way to go.

Good luck with your decision.
Funtimebbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2012, 10:27 AM   #9
ubp_sanity
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post
So five cooks within one week? You got to be quite busy...
Busy, or just got a new toy?

I'm going with new toy. Also, this is a long weekend here in Canada, so a bit of free time.
ubp_sanity is offline   Reply With Quote