• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment JD Breast Cancer BBQ Contest, Willowbrook, IL - June 4-5th, 2011

Scottie

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This will be a KCBS contest that is a Saturday/Sunday contest. For those that are cooking the Evergreen Park, IL contest for the Sam's series, this is the same weekend, so the potential for a double header is there, if you so choose. Willowbrook is about 20-25 miles from Evergreen Park.

This contest will be raising money for cancer research. I know that for now, they will have limited space. There is also talk that this contest will team up with the Westmont contest, that is one week before this one, for the highest scoring team at both events.

Hope to see you there!

Also, for those that care. It is also my birthday weekend. I prefer Jack Black label or very cold Gentleman Jack... Then again, I could be talked into vodka lemonades or Mai Tai's... :becky:

http://www.jdbreastcancerfund.org/

Crap... Sorry mods. I messed up the heading and didn't include the location...

Thanks Ron. I figured you'd come along and save me...

This looks like a good cause, and close to home. I am 94% sure we will make this one

my app is in..im glad to see more interest in this contest this year..it was very well run last year considering it was a first time contest with no sanctioning and it IS for a good cause

This looks like a good cause, and close to home. I am 94% sure we will make this one

Well, I borrowed some CPU time from GoodbuddiesBBQ's super computer and have come up with a 94.12% chance that we will be there.

:becky: :becky: :becky:

i want to say Steve said 35, but would look to add more space if it fills up. He wasn't sure on that...

I think were in, I got to talk it over with the wife, That will be 3 weekends in a row, atleast wont have to take of friday for this one already a short week at work with the holiday.

We may do this one also. One of the wife's high school freinds asked us to cater thier 25th anniversary party, and said it'd be sometime in early June, so we have to make sure it doesn't conflict. If we're clear, we'll be there.

Hard to pass up since it's even closer to us than Westmont

Does anybody know if they are still accepting team applications? Were hoping to make this a double headed.

I'm hoping to break out the Jambo for this one.

Back