MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
AZScott
Take a breath!

Default Sandwich prep table for vending?

Does anyone use a sandwich prep table? I'm putting together my business plan and I'm looking at equipment that I'm going to need. I'm thinking that since I'll need a generator, why not have one of these instead of using coolers and ice baths. I'm looking at doing bbq and burgers and it seems to me it is a perfect fit. Can anyone see any downsides of using one of these?

I can get one of these for just over $500.00

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/cen...mpaign=froogle
AZScott is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
C Rocke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by P01Shooter View Post
Does anyone use a sandwich prep table? I'm putting together my business plan and I'm looking at equipment that I'm going to need. I'm thinking that since I'll need a generator, why not have one of these instead of using coolers and ice baths. I'm looking at doing bbq and burgers and it seems to me it is a perfect fit. Can anyone see any downsides of using one of these?

I can get one of these for just over $500.00

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/cen...mpaign=froogle

Will still need coolers to transport food cold (or hot) to location, and then transfer to the True once it is unloaded, plugged in, and cold enough (And then transferred back to coolers for the ride home, then load up the True, and then clean it). These units pull a lot of power as well. $500 is a great price however.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Bigmista
somebody shut me the fark up.

Learn to work with less stuff, not more. Lighten your load man.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Chuckwagonbbqco
is one Smokin' Farker

I have 2 different sandwich prep tables that I use. I hate listening and smelling generaters so I have an old ice chest sandwich prep table, and I have a True electric prep table. I use the True if electricity is available. The health dept here will not let you make sandwiches without a prep table. They will let you pass out sandwiches and have mustard and ketchup containers for folks to use. The food laws are state wide-- but governed, interpreted and enforced locally----so other counties are different. It does not make sense to me that the 7-11 on the corner can sell hot dogs and have condiments sitting around---but food vendors get treated differently.
A prep table is something else to haul around and load and unload---unless you must have one I would not use one.
Chuckwagonbbqco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:22 PM   #5
AZScott
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmista View Post
Learn to work with less stuff, not more. Lighten your load man.
I was thinking this may eliminate coolers and be more mobile if I put casters on it. I think I need to find more events and really look and see what others are doing.

Chuckwagonbbqco, you bring up a good point about the smell and noise of a generator. I do know at a couple of farmer markets around here they provide electricity for $10 but it would be wise for me to spend as little money and get stuff I can use for all situations. I'll look into the ice chest sandwich prep table.

Thanks for the input guys!
AZScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Chuckwagonbbqco
is one Smokin' Farker

I do not think that you will find an ice chest sandwich prep table. The one that I have came out of a very old bar years ago and has been in a party room at a house for the past 10 years. I do not think that they are made anymore. It is stainless steel and looks modern---but holds only ice. The health dept inspector even asked where I found it. If I was a smart computer guy I could send a picture.
Chuckwagonbbqco is offline   Reply With Quote