MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
MilitantSquatter

Default Moderator request : For Sale items in Q-Talk

Guys - Just a friendly request from the moderators....

As we grow, so does our thread count, which creates extra work for the mods to keep each section organized for their intended purpose.

If you have a link to an item for sale (that you are selling or someone else is that you just came across) that is BBQ related (ex. Smoker on Craigslist, e-bay etc.), please put those posts in the General For Sale section of Brethren Sales and Ventures so we can keep Q-Talk focused on discussing Q, not what other people are selling.

Thanks for your help in advance !!
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 09-14-2011 at 07:55 PM..
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->

Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
MilitantSquatter

Hi all,

Just a friendly bump from the moderator/admin team (made it a sticky as well) for newer members and a reminder to veteran members.

If you have a CL or Ebay link etc. that you just want to provide awareness to others (especially not something you are personally selling), please post in the General For Sale Forum. If you've bought a product yourself and just want to show the group your new stuff or seek advice on a potential purchase that is OK to leave in Q-Talk.

You now also have the option to select Ebay or Craigslist prefix in the drop down box next to the subject title you enter which will help others determine if they want to check out and not confuse it with for sale items by our members.

Thanks for your help !!

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 09-14-2011 at 07:54 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
NorthwestBBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I agree. But how about sales of all kind? Charcoal, Rubs, etc.
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
I agree. But how about sales of all kind? Charcoal, Rubs, etc.

My personal opinion is yes... if it is just a notice to others of what's for sale...I know for sure that we try as best possible to re-direct threads started by vendors directly selling a product... I think we're more flexible about someone announcing that they got a great deal on a product..

Again, just my personal opinion... Phil and the other mods may have differing opinions that would need to be discussed.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I think that any post that the purpose is to simply alert the gang to a good deal, online or brick and mortar, should go in General For Sale for consistency. If you've gotten a deal and want to show it off or if you are interested in something and want to discuss it, then it should be in Q-Talk.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-17-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
MilitantSquatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I think that any post that the purpose is to simply alert the gang to a good deal, online or brick and mortar, should go in General For Sale for consistency. If you've gotten a deal and want to show it off or if you are interested in something and want to discuss it, then it should be in Q-Talk.
Yep.. that's what I meant.. Ron stated it more clearly.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
Ron_L

Apparently this needs a bump

Please follow these guidelines. Posts where the purpose is to simply alert the gang to a good deal, online or brick and mortar, should go in General For Sale. If they are posted in Q-talk they will be moved and you may or may not received a PM, depending on the mood of the moderator who moves the thread

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Ron_L

Apparently this needs a bump again!! I moved three threads just today.

Please follow these guidelines. Posts where the purpose is to simply alert the gang to a good deal, online or brick and mortar, should go in General For Sale. If they are posted in Q-talk they will be moved and you may or may not received a PM, depending on the mood of the moderator who moves the thread

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 06-06-2013, 07:16 AM   #9
Ron_L

Apparently this needs a another bump

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 06-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
rogwadd
On the road to being a farker

Quick question...the seasonal charcoal sale notifications, General For Sale as well?

Old 06-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #11
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogwadd View Post
Quick question...the seasonal charcoal sale notifications, General For Sale as well?
We've been leaving those in Q-Talk since they tend to be short notice, but GFS would be appropriate as well. Same thing for meat sales.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
aTOMic
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

What about free wood? I joined because I hate sending my wind-fallen trees to the chipper...

Thanks,
Tom
aTOMic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #13
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTOMic View Post
What about free wood? I joined because I hate sending my wind-fallen trees to the chipper...

Thanks,
Tom
General for sale is the best place for that.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/

Old 08-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #14
MilitantSquatter

Another reminder... seems to be getting more common.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:22 PM   #15
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Bump
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote