STOK Charcoal Tower Grill ???????

comes with a pizza stone to

and it has a built in chiminey charcoal lighting system.

May have to swing by my HD at some point to check it out. Specs on it sound good, but that does not always mean it is good. Like the cast iron grate.

I don't understand the lower section. It is basically a One Touch Gold (except for the funnel shape instead of the kettle shape), but with some sort of wrapping around the lower section that I'm not sure serves any purpose other than appearance...

just saw this in the flyer section of local newspaper. on sale at a HD for $99 with pizza stone. may have go check it out.

I don't understand the lower section. It is basically a One Touch Gold (except for the funnel shape instead of the kettle shape), but with some sort of wrapping around the lower section that I'm not sure serves any purpose other than appearance...

appeance. Well that and probably to keep you out of hte hot firebox since the grill is so tall. Would be easy to get a leg/knee on that firebox if that wrapping wasn't there.

squirrel jail.

It looks interesting, I may have to stop by HD and take a look, although I can already hear my wife if I came home with another grill or smoker.

I bought one of these grills around Memorial Day, and have used it several times since. It's a great grill. The design is unique, and despite it's bright colored, flashy design, it is very functional.

I don't know of any other grills have a buit-in charcoal canister/lighter, but this one works really well. You can even leave it in while cooking if you want a small (12" dia or so) hot spot cooking area. The grates are heavy duty, very nice. The lid feels solid with an easy to read thermometer. The tower is pretty cool, although they could have made it a little more functional with a door, and/or hooks on the inside for hanging stuff. The ash catcher thing is a pain, but not a deal breaker.

I paid $139, and HD has since lowered the price to $99. I consider it one of the better deals going for a cheap charcoal grill. Heck, the big orange lid is worth $100 bucks J

stok

I bought one for $100. Last week I saw it was $75. So I went and talked ot the manager and got my price reduced to $75. I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Jason

I was just at my local Home Depot and saw this for $75. I don't really need another one (I have a large and small Egg, WSM, and a Smokey Joe), but after looking at it, I couldn't resist it for that price (for what you get plus the quality of the thing, it is a great deal). I have had a few Webers (and still own 2) in the past and love them, but this one is made as well or better. It is really nice. I'm impressed.

Bought one last weekend, also got the small gasser. Can't wait till I get a day off to put them together and play.

Bought the island gasser for 99. On sunday, still need to put it together.

I got one last week as an early Christmas present. Definitely the most substantial charcoal grill I've ever used! Nice cast iron grate, easy to light, effective ash catcher AND it has a pizza stone insert (others available) and simple provision for offset cooking.

As for the handsome "tower", I quit wondering "why?" and just put a few hooks on it to hold my implements. I could see making some shelves to hold the various inserts in the tower at some point..

Anyone that has one of these, how would you say it compares to the 22.5" Weber Kettle? I know cooking-space-wise it's the same, and the grate being coated cast iron is actually better than the weber's grate IMO. My question is more along the lines of build quality and durability. In other words, is this thing going to last as long as a 22.5" Weber Kettle because those last just a few years short of forever when take care of.

I bought one online for 75 bucks with free store pick-up. Haven't picked it up yet, although from the comments here I am glad I bought it for that price if the quality is there.

I would pick up the island gasser for 100 if I could, I posted here awhile ago when they were on clearance and I am still kicking myself in the ass for not buying one then.

I picked up this one damaged for $40 at HD. They also were selling new ones in the box for $75. I got it so I could have a dedicated UDS lid. I will be using the grate in the Weber and will mount the stand under the UDS.

Back