• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rare & Med-Rare Un-Appreciation thread

---k---

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, I think a beef cooked rare or medium-rare is overrated. Even when done properly, I am only looking to have a bit or two. IMO give me medium-well.

kinda depends on the meat ? i think tri tip does best at rare/med rare. hmmm, i think most beef does better not fully cooked

I gotta tell you, I think a beef cooked rare or medium-rare is overrated. Even when done properly, I am only looking to have a bit or two. IMO give me medium-well.

I gotta tell you, that un-american! :becky:

If you cook to medium well don't spend money on good meat just buy select at the grocery store. I heard Sam's club has good pulled pork in a bag too, and if you can make great ribs by boiling them first.

I do a whole yearling rump at 375F, heavily sprinkled with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, some fresh roasted and ground fennel seed, and a bit of curry powder.
It gets sliced before serving, and that's the only time it sees a knife. Forks only needed at the table.
Cooked to medium rare, but the shape of a whole rump means there will always be a smaller corner that cooks more than the main body. It's always the cooks treat, but I couldn't eat a whole plate of meat cooked like that if someone held a gun to my head. It's crunchy, but dry, and if not for the seasoning would go to the dog.
Beats me why people deliberately want to produce meat that is dry.

Beef can be cooked medium-well and still be moist, but it can be difficult with many cuts of meat.

I think most people think they have to say they like rare meat , in reality most people like medium well.. But then again those people like it rare ,cook it over that nasty arse charcoal briquetts.

I'm more of a medium rare person. But, well done is a bit too much for me.

I can eat MR-M and can appreciate it.......but I really prefer somewhere just a teeny weeny bit past M and way before you get to MW. That's the sweet spot for me. Just like some want ribs fallin off the bone and others want theirs to tug a little. Everyone is different and that's what makes this a really cool world to live in. :p:-D:becky:

To me, this pic is perfection for steak. If you tried it, I think you would change your tune, bro. :p

picture.php

:pile:

Medium rare for me, and I gotta say cooking Tri-tip in particular past 140 is meat abuse to me. That is one cut that shines at medium rare. I just about sharted myself when someone here said they liked their TT Pulled at 160 :doh:

Back