Oh, I amost forgot, I scored a WSM the other day

fingerlickin'

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
off craigslist, 5 minutes from my house, NIB for $200. :dancer: When I showed up it was in the back of this guys shed with all kinds of crap piled on top. He never even pulled the tape off the top of the box. Year 2009.

I used it for the first time last weekend for some ribs. They came out good. Took a lot longer than I'm used to with my egg for some reason. Maybe because I was relying on the dome thermometer.

What's the best way to get the probes for my ET732 in there? Do I drill a hole an use a grommet or what?

Wow Jason, nice score! Love the looks of your ribs too. Sweet! :clap: :mrgreen:

You forgot!?!?!

:-D

Nice score!

Uh...yeah sort of. I had it stashed in my closet at work for a week until I broke the news to the wife (she took it pretty well actually) and made some room in the garage.

Then I forgot the camera card at home for the last 3 days, but hey, I did say almost! :wink:

great score, great looking ribs. i drilled a hole and installed one of those threaded tubes that are in the lighting section in menards. locked them on both sides with the thin nuts. both probes fit through and they have threaded caps for when you are not using it. if you use the grommets from bbq guru only one probe will fit thru and you probably will have to straighten out the crimp to slide it through.

Uh...yeah sort of. I had it stashed in my closet at work for a week until I broke the news to the wife (she took it pretty well actually) and made some room in the garage.

Then I forgot the camera card at home for the last 3 days, but hey, I did say almost! :wink:

Now HERE's a Man that knows how to stay married! :caked:

GREAT score! A 22.5 WSM for $200 or less (especially NIB) is one of the few exceptions to my self-imposed grill/smoker purchase moratorium. I'm kinda glad/kinda pissed I didn't see that ad. :decision:

Congrats Lucky!

What I did was remove one of the top shelf bracket bolts, drilled it out and installed a 3/8 probe port that came from Cajun Bandit.

Back