Brisket Rub

Q

Que'inKC

I'm doing a Brisket this weekend and would like to know if anyone would want to give up a nice Rub to try...I usually use Heffer Dust (Thanks Jay), but I'm about out...

thanks...

I use Lawry seasoning salt and brow sugar sometime chili powder and cumin. Or plain old salt and pepper

I like salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let it sit until it is moist and then rub with turbinado sugar. MMMMmmm good bark there brother!!!

Let's hook up. I've got a brisket rub for you to try. I'll give you some Yardbird, too.

When you doing your brisket?

I agree, salt and pepper is all a brisket needs......oh and some smoke.

I've tried alot of different rubs on brisket, but haven't found anything better than salt and pepper (yet!)

Head Country is a great brisket rub. I can hook you up with a bit of that to try as well.

I'll be home tomorrow putting in a new garage door opener. Give me a shout. We are in the Blue Springs phone book.

I vote for the salt and pepper answer... Just let the meat and the smoke work together.

Head Country is a great brisket rub. I can hook you up with a bit of that to try as well.

I'll be home tomorrow putting in a new garage door opener. Give me a shout. We are in the Blue Springs phone book.

That sounds awesome...I've been waiting to run out of a couple other rubs that I've tried so I can try so of your Yardbird...I've heard it's AWESOME...

I decided to do my brisket tonight, because I've got some family coming over tomorrow...But I will definitely try it next time...

I very much appreciate everyone's advice...I decided to go for a recipe in Paul Kirks book...It was simple and I had all the ingredients...

Thanks again and hope everyone has a GREAT weekend...It's suppose to be in the 60's tomorrow in KC...Yeah!!!

Montreal Steak Seasoning. If you don't like the large bits, run it through a spice grinder.

Here's a good one:

Belly's Texas-Style Dry Rub
Recipe By: Billy Maynard

1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon red pepper -- ground (heat to your liking)
1 tablespoon garlic power
1 tablespoon onion power
1 tablespoon sugar -- (white or brown)
1 tablespoon paprika

Back