MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Announcements and news

Notices

Announcements and news Any Site or group related General Information you want passed on to our members. Site admins and moderators will also post group related topics here.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Sorry guys.

We were subject to an inappropiate/oversized/over the line/XXXX graphic/avatar posted on our board tonight. I apologize to all members who were ambushed by that and sorry I didnt catch it right away. Thanks to all the members who sent me the PM's and emails. Without them it would have been up until I got to the forum.

Ultimately, I'm responsible for what goes up and take this stuff personally. That stuff is not and will never will be tolerated on our board. Again guys, Sorry for the ambush. Hopefully, will not happen again.

Time to step back and re-evaluate.... that includes woodpile.

Followup: MEMBERS.

PLEASE ENSURE YOUR PASSWORDS ARE SECURE.

DO NOT USE SIMPLE PASSWORDS THAT ARE EASILY GUESSED

IF YOUR USING A COMMON WORD, EMBED A NUMBER OR CHARACTER SOMEWHERE IN IT.

PASSWORDS CAN BE CHANGED FROM THE USER MENU, "MY ACCOUNT" SETTING ON THE HOME PAGE. IF YOU NEED HELP SEND ME, A MODERATOR OR EXPERIENCED MEMBER A PM AND WE WILL WALK YOU THRU IT. .

Followup II.

Here is what seems to have happened.

The avatar in question was a linked avatar... Linked from another server in the northwest or canada.

Unbeknown to our member, the photo was changed on the source server at 1:30PM yesterday. That caused that graphic photo to be disseminated to any and all workstations that linked to it and it appeared all over our board. Being it was an avatar, it was attached to all posts by a member. It was not a hack, or a compromised logonID/password, and we can't be completely positive that the server owner was even aware of what he was doing. This is a first time for us and hopefully a last.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 11:11 PM   #2
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default RE: Sorry guys.

Guys..

We are closing this chapter. Thanks for everyones patience and understanding in this. And your support!!! (Even Bills ). We will do what we can to implement safeguards so it doesnt happen again.

thanks all.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Only way is to not allow off site avatars, and load actual images into the gallery.

If we end up going that route, I got dibs on the flying hot dog in the hallway, after Sami is done with it

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
Arlin_MacRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98
Only way is to not allow off site avatars, and load actual images into the gallery.

If we end up going that route, I got dibs on the flying hot dog in the hallway, after Sami is done with it
Sloppy seconds on a hot dog - after Sami??

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
Bill-Chicago

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlin_MacRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by willkat98

Sloppy seconds on a hot dog - after Sami??
Better than getting doinked by the Storm Trooper

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is online now   Reply With Quote