Have extra racks for BWS Gator... what to do?

DBH

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok, so I have this BWS Gator and due to some screwups on BWS's part, I am ending up with five extra of those Gator sized heavy stainless cooking racks. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with heavy suckers other than scrap them.

Suggestions?

oil them down, place them in a garbage bag and put somewhere out of the way. someday youll say, hey I wish I had new grates

Really? Nothing? And here I thought you guys had imagination.

I have 5 grates for my Gater and have only used them all one time for a rib cookoff.

Usually use 2 or 3 for most cooks, so yeah, having 5 extras kicking around would seem like a hassle. They are super heavy and will likely outlast the Gater itself.

Suppose if I had extras, I might cut one to sit in the charcoal tray to beef up the thin expando.
Maybe cut the guides off the side of one so it lays flat above the waterpan, but I kinda agree with Untraceable-someday I'll wish I had new grates for the BWS. Wish I had your dilemma!

Jon has the right idea...ever make jerky? Those extra racks sure do come in handy. I welded extra angle iron in my pit to have more rack location options...I have 8total,just wish I had the extra racks.

Here you can see the extra positions

Jon has the right idea...ever make jerky? Those extra racks sure do come in handy.

Well, If I did jerky I do have rails for 7. Not a bad idea at all.

I welded extra angle iron in my pit to have more rack location options...I have 8total,just wish I had the extra racks.

Now see...if you had a Gator I know someone that would probably ship you a few racks.

Thanks for the jerky idea. I don't really do jerky, but love the stuff.

Back